Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • People shouting "ALAN" at festivals…? !!!
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

**** mupets.

I am working at Creamfields at the moment trying to get an hours well earned kip and all I can hear is folks shouting Alan. Wtf's all that about.?

I have been to a few festivals in my time but never one this bad for drugs and idiots. Its shocking. People are setting fire to tents.! The field we are working in has at best a dozen loo's. At a rough guess it must hold around ten thousand.! Don't think I'll be coming here as a paying punter. Shocking.

It wasn't like this in our day ect…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

kevonakona
    Free Member

Mate of mine would shout "Hedgehog" at gigs. None of us, including him, could ever figure out why.

ross980
    Free Member

Are you sure he wasn't repeatedly shouting 'Dan' in an Alan Partridge stylee? Or maybe his name IS actually Dan and he's trying to be funny? 😕

ross980
    Free Member

jimmy

The BBC wildlife show which dubbed a marmot so he was shouting Alan, then Steve. Do the drugged up oafs change to shouting Steve?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

jimmy – Member
    The BBC wildlife show which dubbed a marmot so he was shouting Alan, then Steve. Do the drugged up oafs change to shouting Steve?
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Who knows, but I bet they're having fun

retro83
    Free Member

oops, double post

retro83
    Free Member

yes, alan, alan, alan, alan, steve. **** annoying after a few hours!

Xylene
    Free Member

Creamfields in my day was a one day event.

Good laugh, but not something I could cope with these days.

jimmy

Heh, I found it funny. But only for 2 minutes…

emma82
    Free Member

It's from animal magic or whatever it was called, I really liked Alan, along with the flatulent gorilla. Try shouting Steven back, there may be a few Adam and Joe fans in. Failing that go with bogie from dick n Dom in da house.

Mounty_73

When I went to the NASS festival a few years back, they were shouting 'Bo***ks all the time, I found out it was competition to see who could shout it the loudest!

It finally stopped about 5am, never again …..

MrNutt
    Free Member

Bollocks, glastonbury 94, I think that may have actually been my fault 🙄 (I should point out I only shouted it about six times after my tent repeatedly failed to remain erect, but it spread like wildfire)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Another observation is the amount of fake tan. Nearly all of the girls are covered in the stuff. It's like a field of female David Dickinson's.

Whatever happened to lilly white flesh.?

atlaz
    Free Member

Whatever happened to lilly white flesh.?

It's under all the fake tan.

I find festival crowds annoying which is a real problem as I really enjoy the music. If anyone knows of a festival where they don't allow self-involved knobbers to enter, please let me know (although perhaps they wouldn't let me in, so who knows).

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    If anyone knows of a festival where they don't allow self-involved knobbers to enter, please let me know (although perhaps they wouldn't let me in, so who knows).

I can heartily recommend Truck in Oxfordshire, it's nothing to do with Trucks, but one of them forms the main stage and consequently gives name to the event.

I can confirm that the people who attend End of the Road are also lovely. Same goes for all of the ATP events, the attendees may very often be London hipsters in spray on jeans with NHS specs and subscriptions to The Wire, but I've always found them to be very friendly.

As a general rule for UK festivals, if it's got a capacity of any more than 10,000 and/or is anything to do with Festival Republic you're better off giving it a miss.

yunki
    Free Member

As a general rule for UK festivals, if it's got a capacity of any more than 10,000 you're better off giving it a miss

+1

Look local.. IMO there are some truly great small festivals springing up all over the country..

thebunk

It was happening at Green Man as well. It's happened at festivals for as long as I can remember. Used to be different names, but it looks like "Alan" has become the standard. It's funny if you've never been to a festival before…

re End of the Road. It's the worst festival in the calendar, you wouldn't like it. Don't go. Spread the word 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

Had hoped to go to tEOTR this year but alas funds have not been permitting 🙁 +1 for the green man and truck both excellent

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

re End of the Road. It's the worst festival in the calendar, you wouldn't like it. Don't go. Spread the word
    Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post

I quite agree, my earlier comment was an error!

You will definitely not find legions of slinky doe eyed twenty-something minxes in floaty floral skirts and cowboy boots, an array of the best in contemporary indie/folk/Americana and mouth watering organic fare all set amongst the backdrop of beautiful North Dorset.

Definitely not. 😛

konabunny
    Free Member

slinky doe eyed twenty-something minxes in floaty floral skirts and cowboy boots

Hora has doe eyes? 😯

tony_m
    Free Member

Back in my day, when it were all fields round here, "Wally" was the thing to shout… 8)

yunki
    Free Member

'TIMMY' was quite popular a few years back too..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘People shouting "ALAN" at festivals…? !!!’ is closed to new replies.