Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • People of the damp NE England – are you bothering to ride tonight?
  • ahsat

So while the rest of the country basks in sunshine and keeps posting pictures of ice cream, beaches and cold beers on my facebook whilst enjoying 30 degrees, its damp, grey and misserable in the north east. Any north east monkeys facing riding tonight (I am really lacking enthusiasm myself), or are you settling down a pie and a pint?

jonba
    Free Member

Riding, if I only rode in good weather I’d never go out. It’s not too bad anyway ,just rode home in it and got a bit damp but it is really warm (in a geordie way).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Miserable here, but doing a loop anyway, probably stick to byways and footpaths and avoid the briedleways which the horses have ground to s***.

ahsat

Riding, if I only rode in good weather I’d never go out.

Oh I agree! Tonight I’m just not sure I can face more mud or the railway lines again!!

Drac

I’m nights but today’s the first day in over a week we’ve had rain and it’s only a bit drizzle so had I now been then yes I’d be riding today or tonight.

GEDA
    Free Member

Went round coquetdale this morning. It was pretty dry, not dusty but not mud grinding paste.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did a loop through Liverton Woods yesterday, it was horrible,horses don’t seem to have stopped all ‘winter’ so the whole bridleway is a calf deep 8ft wide bog 🙁

paul4stones

We have our own microclimate. No rain today but rain all round apparently.

ahsat

I ended up playing like a teenager in the back lane practicing track stands and riding 4″ planks of wood! Neighbours must think i am mad – 27 year old woman looking like a 14 year old boy! Came to conclusion it was better than sitting on the sofa!

jonba
    Free Member

Went up to Cramlington and Plessey woods [ahem] it was all right, dry and humid for the most. How far north east are you? Scotland?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Out last night in sunny Teesside.Rain forest levels of growth out there.Nettle sting city but good fun

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where on Teesside? My arms are raw from the brambles and I reckon I was stung so much on Monday I was getting ‘stings’ where there were no stings, just allergic to it (un less some nettles really did get under my jersey)!

Anyone fancy a Phils Swinely Sex Party style STW meet in Guisborough Woods? Someone will have to come up with a better name though as all I can come up with is “The Guisborough Woods Grumble”.

Drac

Jonba I’m in Alnwick and it was fine last night. Today were back to blue skies despite forecast again for rain.

j3ffo
    Free Member

I was out last night. Rode up through Guisborough and on to the moors. Up and over Kildale and out into Baysdale. Conditions were good to excellent. They had only had a very brief shower of rain (unlike Darlington!) We didn’t hit many of the trails in the woods but have been told they are running reasonably well.

ahsat

I’m on the edge of the Pennines, west of Newcastle and it was just like living in a rain forest – misty low cloud, kind of humid! Anyway, better today and in shorts 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘People of the damp NE England – are you bothering to ride tonight?’ is closed to new replies.