Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Pentlands Wednesday night
  • stuartm555
    Free Member

Anyone out? A few of us will be at the wee Bonaly shop at 7

Garry_Lager

Yes indeedy. Will swing by the shoap for 7 on a scandal or tricross depending on which is less bolloxed.

debaser

aye, will be at bonaly for seven, it would be impolite not to…

(unless this evenings ale assisted fettling was as ham-fisted as I suspect it might have been)

ojom
    Free Member

On.

Might be late though – anyone else heading up from EH7 area?

stevemtb
    Free Member

After wading through the bogs last week I’m definitely up for a much drier ride!

Will swing by Cargo for 6.30.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can’t make this week I’m afraid

Stu

Aye!

robgarrioch

In spirit only, as usual…. Know that as you look down on Bonaly, a pair of tired eyes are looking wistfully back 🙄

bigjim

yep will be there

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t wait for me… can’t get away for another hour.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Probably no help now but I was late so waiting halfway along canal. Will wait to see who comes by!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Another great night out. Not sure why I had no energy and was completely off the pace heading down but who cares when the sun is shining!!

The pints after and cycle along the pitch black Water of Leith with no lights only made it better 😆

ojom
    Free Member

Glad I made it. Love sunny evenings

bigjim

Aye it was good, apologies for my jizz drying up.

debaser

A lovely evening for a ride. cheers folks.

Attack!

Not too a bad spot for Jim to dry up

Sheep track

Pentlands Panda (edit – actually not a proper danger panda according to the rules)

13thfloormonk

Ooo, nice photos! I was completely shelled after Selkirk, 2 days on site and a rather enjoyable date on Tuesday night, there was no fear of me setting foot anywhere near the hills.

Stu

Aye – top ride! Lovely night for it – must remember to bring some lights and cash next time though! 🙂

stuartm555
    Free Member

Great ride … what an amazing evening – made even better by the fact that it’s now raining outside 🙂

WoL in complete darkness was interesting – especially the steps. Canal with the new runway-style lights was very cool!

Nice photos – I took a few but not sure if they’re even worth uploading!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

twas indeed a grand night to be oot. we were a bit late getting out but there almost gridlock at pistachio way. interesting combination of dust and puddles and not knowing whether you were going to skim or sink.

bigjim

I just remembered the horse lady shouting at us at pistachio! 😯

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

meh…physio has told me to stay off the bike for a few weeks 🙁

Looks like a grand evening.

13thfloormonk

Horsey folk shouting at you? What for?

Paul, same here, off the bike for a week or two, fancy a 30k walk at the weekend? 7 munros culminating in Nevis? 8)

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

13thFM, thanks but no…kind of lost my walking mojo at the momment, it’ll return at some point soon though i’m sure. Got a few things on this weekend too as well, the burd’s playing a gig on Sat night and got to go bed shopping on Sun. Cheers though.

Sounds like a beast though, i’m sure you’ll enjoy it! 😀

bigjim

I think one of the horses was a bit jumpy and she shouted because we forgot to use our x-ray vision to see through the trees that they were there, bit unnecessary really.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bloody cyclists.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Hope you had a good go at them about errosion! 😮

debaser

We were on pistachio and the horses were out on the track on the other side of the trees.

We slowed down and said hello as we passed through the stream. I think the shout was more to warn folk that the horse was getting wound up and that slowing down further might be a good idea.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands Wednesday night’ is closed to new replies.