Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Pentland Ride this week – Bring The Rain etc
  • ojom
    Free Member

Morning

So who is on this weeks team list?

Typical arramgement, 6pm at shoppe, 7pm at Bonaly Shop.

Trundle and fun etc

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Won't make this week but as an aside, you guys are showing a pair of SIDI Genius 5.5 size 43 in stock – you still got them? Might pop in this afternoon to try them on.

Cheers,

SC

ojom
    Free Member

yep we have them – the last pair.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

on my way…

ojom
    Free Member

ace

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Thought you guys would have been going for the scoff at Hawaii Tweed?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Thanks Mark.

Good to meet you!

robgarrioch

I'll be trying to make it, if back early enough fae work

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

What day is it and are cyclo cross bikes allowed?

ojom
    Free Member

Cyclo cross is allowed

It's wednesday

would love to go to the borders but alas there are transport 'issues'

Good to meet you too Stuart.

TheFlyingOx

No joy this week. Broken collarbone and AC joint separation on Dumyat this Saturday gone 🙁

Northwind

Ow…

Yup, should be there

ojom
    Free Member

Ox- how did that happen? DId the Pronghorn unstitch it's own carbon weave on you? 😉

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I might be able to make this but wont know til tomorrow. Need to take it easy though. See you at Bonaly at 7 or I wont be there (dont wait for me).

ojom
    Free Member

Ronan – i was running again so taking it easy too.

TheFlyingOx

Hehe. Unstitched itself, and as we speak there are shards of CF heading for my heart. And my nads got torn open by the top-mount shock. Etc., etc., etc.

Nah, I was trying out a long travel bike and feeling invincible after finally nailing one of my many riding nemeses. Subsequently stacked it on the boring flat bit. 6-8 weeks off. Oh well.

Enjoy yourselves and I'll be back out in a couple of months.

euanr
    Free Member

Hello chaps, I might turn up at Bonaly if that's ok. I'll be on a blue Mountaincycle (no red carnations available).
    Cheers,
    Euan

debaser

Shant be along this evening as I knackered my shoulder on the Ae downhill track on Saturday 😐

@The Flying Ox – hope you have a wolverine style recovery sir (an x-ray ruled out a fracture for me and I'm waiting to hear how badly I've damaged my AC joint/ligament from my GP)

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got the bike at work with me today so planning on coming. see you at the shop 7pm.

ojom
    Free Member

You built that mmmbop up yet Paul?

ChrisL

I'm off to Arisaig this evening to join my parents and my brother's family for a few days of holiday so I won't be at Bonaly. Have fun!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Not yet Mark, been waiting for payday…today! 😀 Hopefully it will make it's debut in a couple of weeks time.

Alanr
    Free Member

See you at Bonaly

druidh
    Free Member

Don' wait for me!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Top ride guys!

Euan: hope you're ok after the sideways dive off the bridge into the stream. 7/10 points form me :D. Next time try to include a sumersault to get max points and defo some speedo's or similar. Gotta say you had me worried for a second there.

13thfloormonk

😯 Which bridge?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

The fast steep one at clubiedean!!! 😆

robgarrioch

The eastern bridge Ian, on the return through CDean over the spill-way… Proper soaking!

Nice ride guys; as usual my photaes didn't quite capture the azure waters and vanilla skies..

Andrew wouldn't be bored if he had our view

(photopage with video!)

Hope y'all made it back safe.

13thfloormonk

Hold on, not that terrifying concrete chute of death? I thought there was a rail or something on that now?

Need to get my motivation back, missing my weekly careen about the Pentlands, colliding with all and sundry.

coastkid
    Free Member

i got home before Rob got his pics up! :o,
    EDIT, no you just beat me Rob, 😆
    great ride again,thanks Rob and Jeremy for leading and route planning on the spot,great route too!
    nice to meet new folk as always,see you all soon 😮

stanfree
    Free Member

Good photo's Rob and Bruce , makes me feel kinda homesick. I'll struggle like buggery next time I make It too one of these what with a sick bike (as in ill not cool) and lack of saddle time. 🙄

ojom
    Free Member

Once again a fun evening. Topped off with a couple of tall Gins for medicinal purposes and stuff.

On the top of scalextric looking down to the west, the sun was lovely. Just perfect and exactly what i go riding for.

Next week… we go to my house on the way home for beer providing the move goes to plan this Friday!

coastkid
    Free Member

Paul i have a XT shadow mech and XT shifters and cables in the man cave if your bike needs a fixin dude!,

euanr
    Free Member

That was great fun, cheers guys!

Amazingly unscathed from my head-first plunge into the outflow shoot of Clubbiedean Resr. Just a slightly scuffed elbow and a sore ankle. Main thing, as always, is that the bike had not a scratch!

Quite glad it was summer and there was only a few inches of water – could have ending up riding a flume to the bottom in winter…

🙂

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Thanks Bruce but I think i'll be ok, it was just about fixed by the time I got home but a bit of fettling required tonight for the MTB marathon this weekend!

Doe anyone know who organises the girls ride that we saw at Bonally. My GF fancies some all girl action, who am I to get in the way of that!

ojom
    Free Member

That's hervelo Paul. There is a link to them on the TBC fb page.

Great bunch all really friendly.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Ta muchly!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Grand day out chaps – Coastkid – that was Robs route – I am taking no responsibility for it 🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Bruce hopefully be up and running by next Monday , So will be in touch .

Northwind

Thanks TJ for the offer of the multitool by the way- you guys missed the sight of me trying to pop a chain link off with a topeak chainbreaker which had lost its pin :mrgreen: Then while Jeremy was looking for his breaker, I realised there was a powerlink right beside the broken link anyway. 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Pentland Ride this week – Bring The Rain etc’ is closed to new replies.