Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pentland Hills Trail Repair Sessions
  • scotroutes

I know that many of you will already be members of the Pentland Hills Users group on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/groups/335370013167009/) but for those that aren’t, I’m trying to arrange some sessions repairing and improving the track around Clubbiedean Reservoir this year. This is very much a pilot exercise aimed at showing what we could do so that we could undertake other work on a more regular basis.

I currently have three dates lined up for June – it’ll likely only be the one of these that has the best attendance that we’ll actually do. Follow-up dates through the summer will be forthcoming.

The dates are 7th, 12th and 28th June. These are all midweek due to issues with the required attendance of a PHRP Ranger. If you can spare some time between 10:30 and 14:00 on any of these days, please append your name to this post. If you’ve already replied on Facebook, don’t bother doing so again here as you’ll just confuse me 🙂

scotroutes

Bump.

No one else able to step forward?

debaser

Fired you an email earlier today, hopefully it made it through.

Which bit of Clubbiedean is getting attention this time?

scotroutes

Aye – I got yours ta.

There are various tasks along almost the whole section. Branches to be cut back, stuff to be moved, drainage at both the east and west ends and, of course, something around the “Wounded Knee” corner.

Northwind

I have no idea if I can make those but if I can I will.

scotroutes

Bump!

The June session will now be on 12th, 10:30 at the west end of Clubbiedean reservoir.

I need to book a July date now too – between 15th and 26th but again midweek due to availability of Rangers.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

‘Cause of stupid work I have no schedule.

But, i’ve been thinking:

Is there any way of doing a “privateer” posting with a list of what needs done? I’m up & around frequently but never on trail-repair days.

scotroutes

Nope. Work sanctioned by the Ranger Service needs to be supervised by them.

Anyroadup – any more volunteers now we are closed to the allotted date?

ChrisL

Taking time off in June isn’t looking like a good idea for me, sorry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pentland Hills Trail Repair Sessions’ is closed to new replies.