Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Penthouse mk3's or Straitlines Flats
  • happysv
    Free Member

Which of these two would you choose ?

pinches
    Free Member

i think my mk2s are fantastic and can only see the changes in the mk3s as good things. 250g lighter than the mk2s and lower profile but the same surface area. I use mine just with vans and they're great.

I know people who rate straitlines, but i have no personal experience.

tails
    Free Member

neither get these canfield or perhaps these point one i own some straitlines there decent.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I own both, the penthouse is my choice, but i only have the mrk 2 and they are chunky.

Will be buying a set of the mrk 3s for my new bike.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Either would be a fine choice. The new burgtecs look cool – I have a set waiting to go on my new steed having long used the MK2s. The weight of the MK3s is the same as most other flat pedals so there is no penalty now.
    The burgtecs will have the advantage of being better suited to our climate and provide easier access to spares. They are are also a doddle to service althought the straigthlines might also be easy to service.

The Point One racing pedals look pretty cool and in addition to providing more ground clearance than the burgtecs (or almost any other flat pedal for that matter) also lop off about 150g from the Burgtecs (or almost any other flat pedal for that matter!) The only problem with them is that no one can as yet say how well they wil fair long term in our wet crappy climate. The bearings at the end of the axle look pretty small.

happysv
    Free Member

Cheers guys looks like burgtec's in the crc 10% off sale then.

tails
    Free Member

Go for it mate, I think burgtec run on bearings and strailine bushings. both good pedals.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Straitline bushings may not be 100% perfect for XC type rides IME. A lot of wear despite very regular servicing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Penthouse mk3's or Straitlines Flats’ is closed to new replies.