Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pentax Option W90 Camera – Anyone got one ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

If so any good? Does it take a decent MTB shot ?

Any sample pix you could upload 🙂

Wrecked my IXus and looking for something a bit more bullet proof.

Ta Muchly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had one. It was OKish, but the screen died very easily. Not impressed.

Have replaced it with an Olympus version. Tough as nails so far!

redthunder
    Free Member

@cf

Have you got a Olympus samples anywhere ? Especially woolland shots of riders etc.

Also, which Olympus do you have ?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had a Pentax optio S4 which broke.

Replaced with a W10. Which broke.

Also had a Pentax istDL SLR at same time. Which broke.

Customer care worthless. Shame as they were (when they worked) good units.

redthunder
    Free Member

I'm really going off pentax.

Thanks chaps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RT, afraid not. Don't have pics online…! Mine is a Mju 770SW. A few years old now, but still doing really well!

OK, so it struggles in some of the really dark, dank woodland shots, but what compact doesn't? Overall, thought, I have some great shots from it and it's totally bike-proof. I also sail, wakeboard, kitesurf, ski etc so it's the perfect camera for me.

GavinB

I have (well, had) a Pentax W20, which took OK-ish pics, but was never as good as the Sony non-waterproof camera it replaced.

Not sure if it is relevant to show off a few pics here, but over two seasons working in the Alps I took thousands of pics with both a standard Sony and the W20 (bought as I wanted the waterproofness). The pics taken with the Sony were much sharper, with greater colour and the camera was cheaper also. The W20 broke when I 'ahem' took a little tumble with a set of van keys in the same pocket as the camera, which cracked the screen.

So, I'm in the market for a replacement, so I'll pull up a chair…

nickjb
    Free Member

I've got a W60. It's been pretty tough so far. I've fallen on it a few times skiing, it's been MTBing, white water rafting, sailing, lots of places I wouldn't take my bigger camera. Picture quality is OK when the light is good. In glare or low light it struggles. I get good pictures with it as its always to hand, great when your mate hits the mud. Movies are good. Helmet cam stuff works well.

Had an olympus mju before an that was very tough.

I notice there is a panasonic lumix waterproof camera now. I'd look at that, too.

bighendo
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pentax Option W90 Camera – Anyone got one ?’ is closed to new replies.