Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pennine Bridleway
  • skydragon
    Free Member

Thinking about riding the pennine bridleway as a multi-day ride.

Bit of a broad question – What is it like? Are there any fun/techy bits, or is it a bit of a bridleway slog?

Are there better route options in Pennines or Dales?

dunmail
    Free Member

Gates, lots of gates.

Generally it’s pretty straightforward riding, just remembered it goes along Roych Clough round Mt Famine and down to Hayfield so maybe not *that* straightforward! In general it’s more about fitness than technical ability as there are some steep/long hills.

Did I mention gates?

Esme
    Free Member

Are there better route options in Pennines or Dales?
    Well, no – not if you’re looking for a 200-mile off-road trail, running through stunning scenery, on ancient packhorse routes and drovers roads.

Lots of info here: PBW . . . but I suspect that’s not what you are looking for?

martinhutch

Speaking mainly about my end of the PBW (N Yorks into Cumbria), there is the odd more technical option, but it really is aimed as much at horse riders as it is us, so for the most part, you’re talking about doubletrack and not too rocky or droppy.

It’s possible to stitch together a much better route south to north if you wanted to include a bit more bumpiness. But it would include some cheek and probably a lot more climbing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pennine Bridleway’ is closed to new replies.