Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Penmachno
  • didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Heading to Snowdonia for a week, and never ridden a purpose built trail other than Swinley. Is this trail suitable for rigid single speed or should I take the geared suspended bike??

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Provided your're used to the single speed i doubt you would have much trouble.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its doable on a ridged single speed, however it would be more enjoyable on your geared FS as it can be quite knarly, if your a fit racing snake and used to rough terrain then do it on your rigid, maybe going their myself on Sunday, but last time I road with someone on a single speed at Penmachno I had a bad off trying to lose him.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Great trail but I'd say quite rocky for SS. You might be OK though.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

It is rocky.On my last visit there was a chap on a rigid On One,he coped ok. I wouldn't fancy it.

daveells
    Free Member

If thats what you are used too and like riding,shouldn't be a problem. 8)

sc-xc

rigid SS no probs. Enjoy…I did.

loddrik
    Free Member

The sheep up there will eat you southern softies for breakfast.

james
    Free Member

" it would be more enjoyable on your geared FS as it can be quite knarly"
    I wouldn't say it was all that knarly, just mostly rough, especially so for a trail centre

Whichever bike you take, mudguards may be a good idea as there seems to a huge number of puddles at penmachno and the narrow more hemmed in nature of the trails make avoiding them that bit harder

loddrik
    Free Member

We don't mind getting a little wet up north, or riding October to may for that matter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno’ is closed to new replies.