Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • penknife law
  • Cougar

The purpose of the legislation is not to stop people out biking or enjoying the great outdoors carrying multi tools its to stop people taking knives into town and city centres.

And that’s the problem. You’re absolutely right that that’s the purpose of the law; however, the law as written means you could be arrested for carrying a multi-tool.

It shouldn’t happen in practice and a given police officer should be able to apply sufficient common sense to tell the difference, but there’s nothing in theory to stop them from giving you a bad day if they were so inclined.

martymac

@loddrik,
    grabbing the dog by the throat to stop it breathing would be more effective/humane than kicking punchin or stabbing.
    ive seen it happen.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cougar

It shouldn’t happen in practice and a given police officer should be able to apply sufficient common sense to tell the difference, but there’s nothing in theory to stop them from giving you a bad day if they were so inclined.

Yep, but it’s worth saying again that they could do that even if the knife you were carrying was fully compliant with the law if they had some reason to suspect your motives for carrying it.

This knife is 100% within the legislation and should be perfect for whittling, pencil sharpening and dog stabbing 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Right now I’m a touch nervous as I have a Stanley knife in my bag here in London as I need to fit some new grips to my London bike which never comes home to my workshop. I’ve also got to check my bag in at a gig venue tonight with the knife in. I hope they don’t x-ray it!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘penknife law’ is closed to new replies.