Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Penetrating Damp
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Have a bit of a damp patch that appears below a downstairs window after heavy rain. I checked the window sill outside and the wee groove underneath it (That I guess the water is supposed to run to the end off and out down to the ground?) is blocked up at both ends with concrete, or maybe the groove was never formed well when the sill was cast.

Anyway, is this likely to be the culprit?

Options?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Possibly – remove the concrete and see what happens. Or it could be running down the frame if it isn't sealed well.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

It could well be, thats specifically designed to cause the water to drip off.
    When I made a window sill once I didnt add one & had lots of penetrating damp …doh!

As above remove the stuff bridging it & see what happens. You can paint a silicon solution on the brick work which should help stop rain blowing through the wall.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think I may have seen that film, its the one with the plumber no?

jond
    Free Member

>You can paint a silicon solution on the brick work which should help stop rain blowing through the wall.

Downside of that is it prevents the wall breathing to the outside if it's getting damp from elsewhere, and you shouldn't really need to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Penetrating Damp’ is closed to new replies.