Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pembrokshire bike routes?
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

We’re off down to Solva on St Brides Bay next week for a week, not a part of the world I’ve been to before.

Does anyone have any suggestions of bike routes or where to look on line for them? We’ll probably ride Brechfa on one day, but would like other options closer to the coast. GPX files would be splendid.

Cheers in advance

PL

niloC
    Free Member

I have a Tracklog route for the Preseli hills if you let me have an email addy

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

cheers

its

imckinley

at

hotmail.com

DaveRambo

Just back last week from the Preseli Hills – Bought one of the new OS Tuff Maps and just headed off – quite easy to follow the bridleways. For me one of the best bits was sitting down with the map the night before then pootling around exploring.

Could dig out a log of the 25m I did if you’re interested.
    One descent down towards Newport is rather good.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

DaveRambo – yes please

cheers

niloC
    Free Member

mail sent, enjoy

DaveRambo

Here are some images of the route I did.

I started ont he right where the red dot is at a farm we stayed at.
    First bit is road until you head off up to some trees – about 1.5 – 2miles I think.
    Then a decentish fast descent to rosebush.

Bit more road until you head up the hill near Morvil
    Decent descent again to Pontifeen then a bugger if a steep climb up from the valley (at mile 12)

The cracking descent is from miles 17 to just before 19. Starts off on fast moorland then has a few rocky sections.

I tried to link some decent looking (from the map) bridlepaths together – it’s a bit frustrating as some look good but few options to link them together

Ignore the bit from miles 14-17 as I took a bridlepath too early – although it would be a decent way down.

A google earth image to show the terrain.

DaveRambo

PL – so how was the riding ?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

erm…not much happened I’m afraid

we did a 2-3 hours tame route from the cottage that I planned and put on the gps, but didn’t end up doing any of the routes suggested on here or going to trail centres due to mate bringing a broken bike and babies keeping us up all night.

thanks anyway for posting up the info in the first place

DaveRambo

At least the intention was there.

There’s always next time…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pembrokshire bike routes?’ is closed to new replies.