Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pembrokeshire riding – Canaston woods?
  • hamsolo
    Free Member

Near the Bluestone resort. There looks to be lots of bridleways in there and potential for cheeky stuff around landshipping / lawrenny etc. Has anyone explored?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I think you need to be pretty careful round Canaston. Beware of the Thrush

vdubber67
    Free Member

Went up there whilst on holiday last year. Some riding to be had for sure. Think I made up a loop that started in Canaston, out across the old airfield, back through Canaston past the ruined chapel then down into Minwear wood. Probably managed a couple of hours of riding. Failing that, it’s the bogfest that is the Preselis! 😉

hamsolo
    Free Member

had a pootle in the Kayak from Blackpool Mill to Lawrenny Quay yesterday and noticed it as I was recceing the route – glad to hear there is some potential in the otherwise MTB desert that is Pembrokeshire.

hugor
    Free Member

Failing that, it’s the bogfest that is the Preselis!

Preselis was like that for me too even during that cracking 3 weeks we had in May.
    Very over- rated trail IMO.

enfht
    Free Member

Yes, worth a pootle if you’re in the area. I enjoy doing the 6(?) mile Llys y Fran loop which is nearby too. All nice easy riding 😀

bigdean

Just come back from bluestone. Managed to put a 14 mile loop together. Some cracking bridleways, one is a stream for a short while. Have a garmin route if you send me email. Lot of ups and some good views.
    Best bit the mud is not griding paste like round here.

Fetchezlavache
    Free Member

Trails around Canaston & Minwear are fine – prefer them to Llys y Fran tbh, which is a last resort really.
    Presellis are fine, but tbh as far as a bogfest is concerned, everywhere is a bog at the moment, Minwear included.
    You’re obviously aware that you’re an hour away from Brechfa, so I won’t go into that other than to say as a Pembs local I spend most of my time in Brechfa, Carmarthenshire.

Bigdean – I’d email for the garmin route if I could work out how to email you… Always up for finding new routes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pembrokeshire riding – Canaston woods?’ is closed to new replies.