Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pegoretti Marcelo
  • jet26
    Free Member

Strongly considering stumping up for a frame with a view to building it up for summer 2012.

Anyone got one and offer some thoughts as I guess a test ride is going to be a no!

It’s between that or a high end carbon frame – either off the peg or custom but the pegoretti just seems to get amazing reviews.

Thanks

glenp
    Free Member

I haven’t got one, but I wish.

So – what’s the build gonna be?

jet26
    Free Member

Hmm

Haven’t quite got that far yet.

Guess the ksyrium sr’s will be going on it.

And probably DA as all other road bikes are shimano. Arguably a crime but pref not to run mix of campag and shimano across bikes, and heard mixed reports on SRAM stuff.

The rest am open to suggestion!

glenp
    Free Member

I don’t think DA is wrong. Esp in metal, although that’s just me – I think for that kind of frame polished or brushed metal is cool. Go the whole hog – nice handbuilts on DA hubs?

ac282

If you buy a bike like that it should be campag all the way (wheels as well). DA might work better but that bike is hardly about performance anyway.

glenp
    Free Member

I don’t know about that at all. It might be Italian, but it has more in common in ethos terms with modern steel frames from the US than old fashioned Italian engineering. As such, I don’t think it cries out for Campag in the same way as an old school frame.

And I think it is very much about performance.

jet26
    Free Member

Although they are not the lightest they perform well. And unless you weight 60kg does an extra pound or two on a bike matter?!

jet26
    Free Member

Bump

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Isn’t he playing for Real Madrid tonight?

mrmo
    Free Member

i know it sounds a little odd on a frame that costs that much but i would use Athena Alloy, i just think it is the most appropriate groupset.

boblo
    Free Member

This is a wind up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pegoretti Marcelo’ is closed to new replies.