Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pedals. Let's talk pedals.
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

So for my Sunday best road bike I use Keos,for my cross race bike and my commuter I use Eggbeaters, but I am building up a LEJOG bike and am undecided what pedals tp put on it.

I would like to use a mtb shoe, for ease of walking when off the bike.

So what pedals would you touring cyclists recommend?

Marmoset
    Free Member

Either Shimano A520’s or a normal mtb spd pedal with a cage like an M424 so there’s a bit of support for the shoe over and above just the cleat.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Time ATAC on all my bikes, which to be honest is about 90% road miles at the moment. Decent size of platform (though not really a road pedal), recessed cleats for off the bike.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got Keo on my road bike and Time Atac on my MTB. I’b considering going to the same Time system on the road bike too. In really don’t see a benefit of the big wide plate on the proper road system. If you get a half decent shoe with a stiff sole then the two systems feel as good as eachother.

lunge

Proper road pedals. LeJog will involve some pretty serious miles in the saddle and minimal walking so I can’t see any benefit in having MTB pedals. But then, I am one of these odd people who can feel the difference in support between MTB pedals and road pedals even when my MTB shoes have stiff carbon soles.

midlifecrashes

DMR v8s or something like them, and a nice comfy pair of shoes.

tonyd

I have Time RXS on the road bike and ATAC on MTB. I just built up a commuter and put ATACs on it so I can wear winter boots etc and walk from the bike racks to the office.

For LEJOG, not so sure but I’d be tempted to stick with road shoes/pedals/cleats for that kind of mileage. I also seem to be able to notice the difference between road and MTB kit.

prawny

I’ve used M520 A520 and 105 SPD SLs on my road bike and I can honestly say I can’t tell any significant difference between any of them. Personally I’d go for the M520’s then even if one of the mechanisms packs up (which is unlikey anyway to be fair) you can still happily finish your ride.

I changed to road pedals last year on my road bike, I’ve been considering changing back since about march.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pedals. Let's talk pedals.’ is closed to new replies.