Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • pebble watches… tell me no!
  • DrP

Talk about targeted advertising…. It seems to pop up in every media stream…
    “Buy a pebble watch…”

They actually look quite good, and the ability to quickly check messages and who’s calling seem useful.
    Anyone got a pebble with android care to give a little review?

DrP

Russell96

Got one of the original kickstarter ones ideal for a buzz for a message/meeting reminder I can check without that annoying for me looking at a phone during a meeting. My challenge is I’m tempted by one of the steel ones, just because they look so much better.

DrP

i can confirm – the steel ones do indeed look very smart…. and they fit my girly wrists a treat!

DrP

tonyg2003

Yep I like mine especially for MTBing. Very light and comfy.

fasthaggis

NO!it will look like you are wearing part of an old Tuna tin on your narrow (possibly limp) wrist.

HTH 🙂

bruneep

No

DavidB
    Free Member

100% yes because then you can use the Watchface App I wrote, for free

Rude Time

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

Murray

Rude time is the only reason to get a pebble. The new Moto watch is where it’s at.

singlespeedstu

**** it i give up.
    It was a picture of a watch made from a peddle.

IA

Had mine a year, still wear it and my thoughts from when I got it still hold:

Pebble

Recent software updates have improved it further too.

CountZero

Not interested in a Pebble, or any so-called ‘smart watch’, tbh, but I love Rude Time! That is a work of bollocking genius! 😆

DavidB
    Free Member

Give me some more sweary phrases and I’ll add them to the app.

No more than twenty characters along the lines of:-

“**** on a brick”,
    “bugger me backwards”

squirrelking
    Free Member

IA – how you getting on in Planetside, did you ever get into it?

turboferret

I like my pebble, and now even more so that I’ve installed rude time 😀

Cheers, Rich

DrP

What’s pretty impressive is the ability to control my music – volume and all (Long press of the middle button)!

I feel like a man from the future……

DrP

Cougar

Give me some more sweary phrases and I’ll add them to the app.

Might I recommend Viz’s Sweary Kid as a source of inspiration.

Cougar

Had mine a year, still wear it and my thoughts from when I got it still hold:

How did you fare with your proposed Android experimentation, out of interest? Similar experience?

IA

Planetside – never really had the time to get into it.

Android experimentation, I tried some stuff out but again never really had the time. With the very latest updates android is now like iOS in that you can choose exactly which notifications you get. The big difference now is that in ios I can dismiss notifications from the watch AND phone by pressing the watch, but just the watch on android.

In related news in the past year I also bought a house in need of substantial renovation, which does somewhat explain the above lack of time 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

Might I recommend Viz’s Sweary Kid as a source of inspiration.

Most of them that I can remember are in there

allthepies
    Free Member

Received an Endomondo email today stating that they now support Pebble.

turboferret

Not the easiest time to read at a glance, but good for a chuckle 🙂

Cheers, Rich

DavidB
    Free Member

Wait till Grandma asks you the time 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

I got one a while ago for use on the bike so that I could see who was calling or txting without having to stop and get my phone out.

Then I broke the glass on my normal watch and while it was being repaired I wore my pebble all the time and I’ve got used to it to the point that now I have my watch repaired, I still wear the pebble.

If it could just look a little less chunky it’d be perfect.

buck53

Give me some more sweary phrases

Jesus suffering ****
    Shit the bed
    Buggeration
    Shitty death

Off the top of my head…

DavidB
    Free Member

“Shit the bed” – already in

Best not include the Jesus ones as I might end up on the wrong end of a christian fatwa

zippykona

I never knew such a thing existed. Very rarely wear a watch but when I do it always has a flat battery.
    The fact it’s rechargeable is a huge plus.I’m assuming you can use it on a plane when they tell you to turn off electronics.
    Would I be able to check strava while on the move and could I put a fabric strap on it as I don’t like plastic?

nemesis
    Free Member

You can see the basics in strava on it – speed, distance, time.
    The strap is a standard watch sized one so you can cut pretty much any strap you want.

Oh, technically you probably should turn it off on a plane as it uses bluetooth but I don’t see it being a problem in reality.

jkomo

Piss up a rope…f***stick

(Fav Rude Kid quote)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Damn you STW! Just got a new Pebble for £75 on an Amazon flash sale.
    Time for some playing 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

So, fellow pebblers (pebblrs?), what are the best apps you’ve found? For me, glance (paid for the full version) is pretty good as it allows me to set up a watch face for everything I want.

maxray
    Free Member

£75 sharkbait? where did you find that?

It works with Endomondo too, I am really tempted by one.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Saw it while browsing Amazon flash sale… finished now and back to >£91.
    Combined with free Prime delivery makes it a bit of a deal seeing as used ones sell for about that on ebay.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Which [mountian] biking app would you recommend. Speed and distance would be good. Going to use the watch for instant speed readings while racing… slightly illegal in my class but the pebble should hide my activities nicely!

maxray
    Free Member

found it with an hour left. Just made a paper one to see how it looks on my arm first 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

sharkbait – Strava (on the phone) will do that automatically. Speed, distance, time.

Mind you I’m not sure how accurate speed readings from phones are, particularly for mtbing where it’s fairly stop/start or at least varies a lot.

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah I use Endomondo for running/biking etc they added Pebble integration just days ago.

http://blog.endomondo.com/2014/11/20/now-on-android-pebble-and-jabra-pulse-support-and-more/

somouk
    Free Member

iSmoothrun has a good pebble app and can be used for all sorts of sports and export to all sorts of services.

All I’ve installed on mine is a stopwatch app and a face that tells me the day as well as the date and time. The notifications are really useful, especially when in meetings or teaching.

nemesis
    Free Member

If you use whatsapp, installing ‘pebble nativecation’ is worthwhile – one frustration with the standard whatsapp notifications is if you receive one message, read it on the pebble (but not on the phone) and then get another message on whatsapp, it only displays the first message on the pebble again (since that’s the first ‘unread’ one).

nativecation works properly in that it sends each new message. It’ll do loads of other apps too but I just use it for whatsapp (make sure you disable standard whatsapp notifications in the main pebble app or you’ll get each message on the watch twice).

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘pebble watches… tell me no!’ is closed to new replies.