Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Pebble in ear
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My daughter 🙄

Wife wants to know – A&E or not. She said she put it in there ‘the other day’ and it got stuck, and she could feel it this morning but not now.

A&E or Doc appointment?

allthegear
    Free Member

A&E apparently. Goddaughter had a habit of doing it when she was 3. GP didn’t really have the equipment to get stuff out.

Rachel

salad_dodger

Couldn’t you just blow into the opposite ear?

Stoner
    Free Member

Couldn’t you just blow into the opposite ear?

I think current best practice is rodding from the other side with a chopstick

bikebouy
    Free Member

This..

scotroutes

Is anyone disappointed this isn’t about a new, wearable, compact Smart watch?

jimbobo
    Free Member

minor injury unit, or GP, and not having the equipment is a poor excuse! Its an auroscope, tweezers and a steady hand, standard issue to all good GP’s!

CountZero

Can’t you use the same technique for getting ketchup out of a bottle? Hold the head with the blocked ear facing down, then smack sharply on the other, upper side.
    Or would that attract unwanted attention from social services…?
    😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Rockshox syringe and warm water.
    Same as cleaning wax out.

Flaperon

johnners
    Free Member

If it’s making her list to one side just put one in the other ear.

scotroutes

But then she’d be listless

jekkyl

hoover’s not a bad idea. How’d you get on Op?

molgrips
    Free Member

Think they are going in to the experts tomorrow.

JoeG
    Free Member

Document the whole thing, lots of video.

It could prove very useful when she is a teenager! 😈

Drac

I once had some with a peanut in their ear, I poured in some melted chocolate and it came out a treat.

shermer75
    Free Member

Get a mathematician to work it out with a pencil

sobriety
    Free Member

I put a pebble up my nose as a kid. GP fished it out with tweezers, so they;d be my first port of call, even for ears.

It’s not like it’ll get worse if it’s lodged in anyways, ear canals don’t get bigger as they go in. (IANAD)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Get it done soon.or she may end up stone deaf

DrP

and not having the equipment is a poor excuse! Its an auroscope, tweezers and a steady hand, standard issue to all good GP’s!

The trouble is… kids are a pain as they wriggle and faff – sometimes they need a GA to get stuff out.
    Secondly – if it can’t come out with forceps, then it might need to be suctioned out.

However – if you do go to your GP, suggest to them that a dab of superglue (or stitch glue) on teh end of a cotton swab, then prodded in, can stick to the stone, then you just pull it out!

DrP

cranberry
    Free Member

Next question:

Where to go when you have a small child with a pebble stuck to some cotton wool stuck to some tweezers in their ear ?

JoeG
    Free Member

Where to go when you have a small child with a pebble stuck to some cotton wool stuck to some tweezers in their ear that is stuck to a doctor[/i] ?

Harry_the_Spider

The local NHS Walk In Centre extracted some sweetcorn from my daughter’s nose when it “fell off the fork” at pre school.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ask the cat to fetch the emergency flag?

AlexSimon

Drac – Moderator

I once had some with a peanut in their ear, I poured in some melted chocolate and it came out a treat. Very good – I think you need to be a certain age to get this though 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

suggest to them that a dab of superglue (or stitch glue) on teh end of a cotton swab, then prodded in,

I’ve got a pebble stuck in my ear canal and a cotton bud superglued to my ear.

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly….

Cougar

She must have big ears to get a smartwatch in there.

scotroutes

6th post Cougar

globalti
    Free Member

Mrs Gti has got a 3cm gallstone inside her. That’s going to need more than tweezers.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

ah yes we had this fun one day.

Start with GP – if its well wedged (the nut my daughter had in the ear was) he may not touch it.

We ended up in A&E – they tried increasingly intrusive things. Ended up with a metal hook going in there (a Doctor did this) and hoiking it out. If that didn’t work then it would needed to be done under a general.

Using “gentle suction” was utterly useless – would be fine if you had a small piece of dry tissue in there – not man enough for anything else.

best of luck

TM

mrhoppy

Ask the cat to fetch the emergency flag?

Well played sir.

Cougar

6th post Cougar

Blast, I read that yesterday and forgot.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The dangers of listening to rock music…

molgrips
    Free Member

Yesterday my wife asked her to shake her head to see if she could hear anything in there. She said ‘no, just the normal voices’ with a mischievious grin 😯

Anyway today Doc said there was nothing in there. Should’ve asked her to check again for fairies or other creatures that might be talking to her..

fasthaggis

Sounds like she makes things up.
    Wonder where she gets that from ? 😛

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Pebble in ear’ is closed to new replies.