Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peaty this season???
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Anyone else been following the DH season?

He seems really off the pace this year? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Too old?
    Past it?

Im sure he'll be back next season with some wins though

tails
    Free Member

If I recall correctly when the races were released people were saying they didn't suit him as very steep and technical where as he gets his wins when you need to put in the pedal work. Think the champs course is up his street though.

Plus having won the champs ast year, he can be afforded a few bad races.

backhander
    Free Member

The interview in the mag pretty much explains it IMO.

GW
    Free Member

He just won the National champs a week ago, beating Gee by a couple of seconds

tails
    Free Member

The interview in the mag pretty much explains it IMO.

What mag?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

lol

World Champions spend most of the off season doing promotions so they tend to under perform in the following World Cup season. Pretty normal.

Curly68
    Free Member

Agree with Buzz. With so much PR work to do, he probably didn't focus as well on the coming year. Maybe he feels relieved at winning the world champs that he has lost some of the drive? Next year will be the telling one, I would have thought.

lister

THere was a mention in Dirt last month, something along the lines of 'we could speculate but we won't' so there might be something behind the scenes going down…any ideas?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Perhaps he might be getting into a public-facing job representing UK cycling.

BoardinBob

Perhaps he might be getting into a public-facing job representing UK cycling.

http://www.stevepeatsyndicate.com/

backhander
    Free Member

Well singletrack of course!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

hahahaha £5k a pop! Good promo video tho

Is that a new Ozzy tune?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Its basically down to what buzz said. He's been doing so much promotional work for being World Champ and his usual getting mtb into mainstream media his off season training was lacking. hence lack of results. Read it several times in pre-season talk.
    personally i'm hoping he's saving himself to defend his title!! Its one of his tracks… I'm hoping!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peaty this season???’ is closed to new replies.