Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Peaslake on a sunny Sunday morning
  • bubs

Wow ….. just wow 😯

mashiehood
    Free Member

Tis lovely – very fortunate to have the Surrey hills close by…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Was running round and in the Puncbowl and the views across to Winterfold and Pitch were lovely. Wet underfoot though. How were the trails?

davosaurusrex

I’m guessing bubs is referring to the sheer volume of riders. I’ve been riding there on occasion since about 1997 (not as long as many) and the difference is incredible. Not sure how I would feel if I was a non-biking resident, but I’m not and the riding is great so hey-ho

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops!

bubs

Loving the positivity – I was just being a bit nimby – it was a beautiful morning. The trails were pretty mushy in places but still rode well. There were a couple of youngsters out with spades too and so expect some new gems to appear.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Never been on a Sunday, so don’t know. Do people congregate on Pitch? Are some trails complete honey traps? I always like the quiet of W’fold although always crash on N Monkey and hate the climb out of the bottom.

gee
    Free Member

It was busy today, but no more so than usual. Trails were better than a week or so ago, not that bad. Few best avoided – very top of T Trails and the top section of Otters.

More to the point by the time I got back to Peaslake the shop had sold out of everything.

GB

benp1

First ever trip there today

Lots of cyclists around, road and mtb. Great for a visitor, maybe not so great for the locals

Shop had run out of proper food by the time I went

Great trails round there, very impressed

hora
    Free Member

I read the OP and imagined a store with a huge queue, lots of pale men sat around outside talking about their next merger/big deal/shift at the bikeshop 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Most weekends walking bottom car park is full quite early, the riders seem to spread out on the hills so the trails themselves are normally quite quiet

bitterlemon
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to a lap of the hills tomorrow morning followed by a burger at the hatch.
    Slightly off topic, teamhurtmore do you know where the dh trails are in the punchbowl?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes. A bit tricky to find (and I try riding them on a 7 year old HT with 100m – ok mince might be a better word).

Not sure if I am breaking the vow on not telling others where trail are but anyway, it’s all on Strava. If you go from NT CP along the road, avoid the first two obvious turnoffs to Gibbet Hill. About 200-400m after the last one ( not the single one that comes st down from the GH) there are three tracks in the RHS. Go up there and some of the trails are immediately on the other side. You can also follow the path L down a slightly rooty section towards the viewing platform for the tunnel. There is lots of stuff all in the RHS. Don’t go top far down as you end up in a boggy exit. It’s basically all on that side of the hill. If you find yourself in the LHS of the tunnel you have gone too fsr down the road.

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like I’m in the right area. I’ll take another look on Tuesday but will probably end up in hankley again 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I assume that you are joking about Hankley as that is the other side of the Punchbowl!

The key is to look for the tree way track off the roady bit! The trails from that bit are longer with nice sweepy drops at the end. The bit down by the viewing platform is twisty with quite a lot of jumps etc.

Talking about Hankley there is some steep bits off the trig point by pitch hill!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Peaslake on a sunny Sunday morning’ is closed to new replies.