Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Peaks Snow Riding Video 3/01/10
  • iain1775
    Free Member

scruzer
    Free Member

I did the same ride on same day! We cant have been that far apart. The only others I saw were going in the op' direction. Massive snow at start of derwent edge , did ya see tha cornice/overhang up above by the juction with the vantage point? Most rideable route too and tracked out singletrack on the descent to barn/ paving slabs. Cheers for sharing

iain1775
    Free Member

yep probably passed the same people, think we met them on way up just before Derwent Edge
    It was fun, bet its good up there today, never thought skiing would be easier than biking in the Peaks!

bonj
    Free Member

excellent.
    can't quite place that gap in the wall that first appears at about 3:30 and is then gone through….how do you get to that? I know the bit of trail that is on the other side between the wall and the trees, however we normally get to it by going from cutthroat bridge to here and then taking the track that goes north from there, is that not the way you went?

iain1775
    Free Member

Bonj
    Same route
    Gap I think you mean is here (the one just after I have first big fall off to the right)
    http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=419395&y=388387&z=120&sv=419395,388387&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=887&ax=419395&ay=388387&lm=0

Prob looks different with everything around being white!

The next gap is at the bottom of that bit of trail – I had opened the gate to let Mark ride straight through so that might be whats confusing you?

The vid starts (the walking bit) looking south from the gate at the top of the hill (at the 'g' of derwent edge on the map)

racefaceec90

fantastic!!! i want to ride the snow,but i have a cold at the moment + i don't live anywhere like the peaks (only the ridgeway/salisbury plain when it's open (not very often due to mod))

bonj
    Free Member

iain, oh i see what you mean now thanks. The gate where he rides through i recognise just didn't recognise the first bit problly like you say 'cos of all the snow!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Snow Riding Video 3/01/10’ is closed to new replies.