Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peaks ride tomorrow (wednesday) ??
  • paul78
    Free Member

I'm in Manchester for the next few days so was looking to go into peaks for a ride tomorrow during the day… 4-5 hours ish maybe longer…. was eyeing up the Mary Townley Loop but open to suggestions.

Staying in Ashton Under Lyne.

paul.e

hora
    Free Member

I might bump into you. I'm thinking of taking the day off for a ride but eyeing up the weather/snow etc first.

james
    Free Member

"Mary Townley Loop"
    I thought that was Calderdale way? ie nowhere near being in the peak?

Pook

yeah it's Dales that is.

tracknicko
    Free Member

PLENTY of snow up on the tops this morn chaps…

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Oooh, now then. I'm off from Stockport down to just south of Chatsworth tommorrow. I'm not coming back until Friday but if you fancy the ride out?
    I'm pretty sane and amiable – I manage to get on with people (except Hora).
    I don't mind which route over, I can do something different coming back.
    Fancy me-it, I mean fancy it?

paul78
    Free Member

Yeah i think i used the peaks as a general starting point but will ride pretty much anywhere within an hours drive or a direct train.

barca2, so whats your plan??

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I have to ride up to school in Marple to drop my daughter off at 8:00am Paul and then it's Mellor Cross, Hayfield and beyond. I'm aiming to be at my destination outside Bakewell in time for my dinner (or lunch as the posh people call it).
    Any good for you?
    I need to make some enquiries about the snow. I fancied Roych Clough, Rushup, Mam Tor, Jaggers, Hope Cross, Bamford, Stanage and Calver.

paul78
    Free Member

So you are just riding out in one direction??

Any idea on distance?? suppose i could jump on a train back to Manchester depending how far it is

boblo
    Free Member

DON'T DO IT!!! Paul78 is an animal and will eat you alive 🙂

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I'm coming back on Friday Paul – staying over with a friend near Bakewell.
    My house to Ladybower is 30 miles off road (we'd be right next to Ladybower after Hope Cross} or 25 on road over Snake Pass…I reckon it could be about mid 40 miles to Calver and then a further 5 miles to Bakewell but I don't know an off road route from Calver to Bakewell so the last bit would be road bash.
    The route would never be far from the Manchester / Sheffield line until we reached Stanage/Hathersage.
    No trains from Bakewell to Manchester though. It'd be back to Hathersage or the 13 miles back to Buxton for the train.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Not fancy it Paul? I'll check my email last thing tonight. If not, enjoy your ride where ever you get to.
    Steve

paul78
    Free Member

Steve, plans have changed and i have to go to Leeds uni for some test work for an upcoming race.

Sounded like a good ride too.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Ah, no worries Paul and thanks for letting me know. Maybe another time?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peaks ride tomorrow (wednesday) ??’ is closed to new replies.