Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peak District Pioneer Adventure Cross race this weekend…advice on tyres please
  • cjr61

Hi,
    Got my first race/event in the form of a 68mile adventure cross race this weekend starting at Bakewell show ground. Varied terrain but mostly bridleway style (68% off road total).

Could be light rain on the day and rain the day before. Any Bakewell locals care to let me know what it’s like there at the moment?

Choosing between Rocket Rons and Kenda Small Block 8’s. Both folding and best compound. Planning to run with slime tubes so weight not a big concern. Fancying the rocket rons as they’re a little more muddy/nobbly.

Any advice?

Cheers

http://bookmyride.ipcshop.co.uk/shop/all-events/peak-district-pioneer-adventure-cross-2015

kilo

quick aside, have you got the gpx of the course to work?

we will be on maxxis mud wrestlers and ond vittoria gc tnt as these are whats on our bikes – probably no use to you 🙂

cjr61

Thanks Kilo, thinking the Rocket Rons are similar then. I’ve got the GPX to work. You having issues with the download or just not working on device. Running mine through bastardised android but probably won’t bother on the day as hoping signage will be decent.

Cheers

kilo

Downlaods but not showing on the garmins, bit of a pita.

cjr61

I can email GPX file and then can you upload manually?

kilo

cjr61 – Member

I can email GPX file and then can you upload manually?

cheers that would be great 🙂

d dot clifford at yahoo dot co dot uk

LS
    Free Member

It’s not a race… 🙂
    Everywhere in the area is bone dry at the moment, SB8s would be my choice but you won’t go far wrong with the Rons either.

cjr61

LS: Quite right, it isn’t a race. I’ll be more than happy to finish in one piece and decent time is a bonus!

It’s not a race, it’s not a race, it’s not a race…. 🙂

LS
    Free Member

I might see you there if I can finish building my bikes up during the week… If I do then I’ll either be on Happy Medium file treads or Slant Six Pros (basically a Ron).

cjr61

Sounds good LS. Think i’ll play it safe and go for the chunkier Rons. I’m not time trailing and would prefer the extra stability I think!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Pioneer Adventure Cross race this weekend…advice on tyres please’ is closed to new replies.