Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Peak District Pioneer Adventure Cross – 20/5/17
  • philhadfield

Hi Guys
    My good lady wife very kindly bought me an entry to the above for Christmas (72 mile massif – https://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/peak-district-pioneer-adventure-cross/), I typically ride around 20-30 miles at a time on either my cross bike or MTB so this will be a good challenge to train for (My aim will be to finish not podium!).

So, has anyone done it before, if so what was it like? any tips you can give me?

Main question I have at the moment really is which bike (I have Pinnacle Arkose, Santa Cruz Nomad and a Ragley Blue Pig)? I’m currently swaying towards the Arkose looking at the route, but could do with advice on appropriate cross tyres for the terrain?

Any advice greatly received…Thanks

GHill

Apart from a couple of loose climbs, it’s easy to ride on a cross/gravel bike. Certainly don’t take the Nomad!

In terms of tyres, I’d go for something fast rolling, such as Panaracer GravelKing SK or similar.

dawson

Me and my brother did it this year. He was on CX bike, I was on hardtail. A couple of the descents were better on hardtail.

CX bike better overall as there were quite a few road sections

philhadfield

Brill – thanks for the feedback guys, I will hatch a cunning plan!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Pioneer Adventure Cross – 20/5/17’ is closed to new replies.