• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Esme.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Peak District Loop for Kids
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a loop for Sunday for the 10/12 yos and me?

The elder one is very fit for his age and the wean is quite fit and very competent for his age.

Pretty much the only thing I can think of is the Jacobs loop, as it’s about the only thing I’ve done. The bigun would be fine but the wean likes jumps and shit and isn’t keen on the hills.

I hate to say it, but trail centres seem to be the way forward at this age. Mainly rideable and a bit of air to be had.

sorry, bit pisched

jekkyl

Doesn’t like hills?! Thats pretty much all the Peak District ruled out! How about one hill? Round ladybower to kill time pleasantly and up Winston Lee Tor, cutthroat and down to the Inn?

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Only thing I can think that is flat and interesting in the peak is the new ish froggat edge route you can down load from vertebrate publishing who do the guide books.

Esme
    Free Member

Yes, the Eastern Moors Tour is good, easy yet interesting riding and spectacular scenery.

There are a couple of useful mods to the original route. The Longshaw Estate have created a two new bridleways, so you could either start there, or call in for an ice-cream.

And there’s another new bit of bridleway to cut out the tarmac climb near The Grouse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Loop for Kids’ is closed to new replies.