Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Peak District Locals
  • fathomer

Anyone been out around Hope/Ladybower area today? If so how much ice and snows around? Just wondering if it’s worth a trip up for a ride.

Had a look on KoftheP but not definitive. Cheers!

dannyh
    Free Member

I take it you got your car boot open, then! 😉

fathomer

Nope, that’s well and truly shut! Other half is going anyway so it’s the Peak or local!

vincienup
    Free Member

Bit further afield, but I had fun getting the car away from Scout Dyke yesterday morning. No huge problem, just a couple of minutes of rocking and turning the wheels between opp locks to get moving, but I’d be cautious on high ground. If it hadn’t moved when it did, the tarp was coming out of the back to go down behind the wheels to get some traction.

Of course, that’s part of the fun isn’t it!

Pook

From KoftheP:

@KoftheP hard pack snow and ice round ladybower, I’m bailing out. Couldn’t even ride up to top of Gores it’s that slippy. Value my front teeth too much!

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I ran in Edale today with the dog. Some sloppy, packed snow/ polished ice. I had artic claw shoes on and wouldn’t have fancied riding most of it. Rushups edge quite a bit of snow still

ebennett

That tweet Pook posted was mine, it was slippy as **** today. Given how much snow there was up Hope cross last week I’d guess that’ll now all be hardpack and ice as well so I’d probably give it a miss tomorrow tbh. Rode up to the top of the reservoirs after bailing out and even that was sketchy towards the end. Forecast rain might melt it all away though, but could also turn it into a skating rink!

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

IT was a lot warmer when we left Edale at 3pm, lot of melting so sloppy tomorrow

cp

lot of melting so sloppy tomorrow

Absolutely Baltic out there tonight so imagine most of that will be slick first thing. Forecast to warm up lots by the afternoon though so might be good to ride come Monday!

jekkyl

Cannock instead Sam?

colournoise

jekkyl – Member
    Cannock instead Sam?

Don’t do it.

I don’t want to be the only nutter risking Ladybower tomorrow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Locals’ is closed to new replies.