Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peak District Advice
  • jlc
    Free Member

Just after some advice on the Peak District. Looking for a campsite towards the south because friends are travelling from the south. A campsite with nice pubs near and somewhere to cycle or walk would be ideal. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks

Pieface

South as in White Peak near Buxton way, or South Dark Peak as in Hope?

jlc
    Free Member

Sorry, no idea. Guess I am looking for a nice area if possible with the easiest access from Bristol as have friends coming from there.

iain1775
    Free Member

One just outside bakewell near ashover owed by some friends of ours (although not seen them for years) but I forget the name
    Has a bar on site or short walk to bakewell w several pubs and a couple in ashover too
    There is a ride through chatsworth grounds from doorstep that is ok nothing too demanding but decent for an evening, anything else would be about 30 min drive to hope ladybower etc
    Although from Bristol is prob longer but quicker ro get direct to hope valley via m42 m1 to Chesterfield or sheff than plod up x country from derby via a38

Pieface

Iain – Greenhills at a guess?

It is nice, quite posh and relatively pricey but you get what you pay for. Close to Bakewell and lots of other stuff.

iain1775
    Free Member

thats the one
    never stayed at campsite, only as family guests at the house (the owners used to have my wifes horse on loan for their kids so we where up there a fair bit) They moved out but still own it but the horse sadly later died and unfortunately we dont see them very much any more

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Advice’ is closed to new replies.