Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Peaches Geldof Dead
  • SBrock
    Free Member

You do realise that my quote is from a song written by Bob, don’t you, Sbrock?

A thoughtful and philosophical song about the way we live in the world we live in. It seemed apt.

it was my reference to a thread your happened upon, maybe 3 years ago I think about families breaking up etc – I don’t think I was the only person to assume your patronising manner & attitude to people you know nothing about !
    Typical teacher though, knows sweet fa about nothing!

crikey
    Free Member

Ok, if it feeds your little erns…

I’m not suggesting that you have ire in a personal way. I am suggesting that your apparent ire towards me is perhaps misplaced and would be better directed as I suggested above. Unless you feel that our noble and upstanding press have got the whole celebrity child/wild child/celeb mother thing absolutely spot on?

You are so all seeing and all knowing crikey,how do you manage to function with all the normal people when you know so much more than everyone,hats off to you ,you’re doing a grand job.

One does ones best…

chewkw
    Free Member

RIP.

Bunnyhop

sc-xc

…so, you know who she is then?

As I said, I don’t know who she is, I read the link.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Looking at a pic oh her heavily pregnant she looked way to thin.

Somebody on the radio who knew her said this as well, that it was less surprising than it might be because they saw her just a week or so ago and she looked terribly thin.

Edukator
    Free Member

I linked three of your own threads in a post three years ago, Sbrock. I used information you provided by yourself to illustrate a pertinent point.

Typical teacher though, knows sweet fa about nothing!

True.

Mark

Edukator, Ernie, Crikey!
    Pack it in! Someone died.

crikey
    Free Member

Ok, point taken.

peterfile
    Free Member

Heroin overdose apparently.

Linky

pondo

That must be the sh!ttiest thing for her family to have to hear (the heroin overdose bit,). 🙁

gobuchul
    Free Member

That must be the sh!ttiest thing for her family to have to hear

I would guess that they probably knew she had drug problems and would of suspected what the cause was.

I don’t think it’s something you could easily keep hidden.

atlaz
    Free Member

Rich drug users tend not to be out robbing or turning tricks to pay for their drugs so it’s not quite as obvious on the decline though but yes, at the very least I’d guess her husband knew. Tragic for the kids, a really awful legacy to be left with, grandmother and mother dead from overdoses.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3oqvnDKQk[/video]

gobuchul
    Free Member

Rich drug users tend not to be out robbing or turning tricks to pay for their drugs so it’s not quite as obvious

Didn’t she overdose a few years ago?

Also, IV drug use must be pretty hard to hide, even if you are wealthy.

BoardinBob

Rich drug users tend not to be out robbing or turning tricks to pay for their drugs so it’s not quite as obvious on the decline though but yes, at the very least I’d guess her husband knew

Alternatively she wasn’t a habitual drug user and was still so traumatised over her mother’s death, she committed suicide. Given the picture she had tweeted just before her death, that seems slightly more plausible. Regardless, it’s a tragic loss for her family and friends whatever the circumstances were.

z1ppy

TBH I find the “to be told” and “it has been claimed” report of an overdose distasteful, can’t they wait until the inquest releases it’s official report. **** state of journalism to day… (old news I know)

MSP

Didn’t Will Self famously admit to shooting up in the toilet of the prime ministers plane, while travelling with him to some EU conference?

edlong
    Free Member

You don’t have to be injecting to OD on opiates.

derekfish
    Free Member

Oh no, that can’t make Bob feel much better, their world is just awash with drugs, I’ve got girls her age I know how I’d feel had it been one of mine, a terrible tragedy.

edlong
    Free Member

Didn’t Will Self famously admit to shooting up in the toilet of the prime ministers plane, while travelling with him to some EU conference?

IIRC he was caught doing it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Potential to have done so much more than be just the daughter of celebs. Hope her children realise the dangers of drugs otherwise it could be 3 in a row. Maybe her cause of death will wake some others up to their lifestyle before it too late for them. Tragic waste.

bikebouy
    Free Member

craigxxl – Member
    Potential to have done so much more than be just the daughter of celebs. Hope her children realise the dangers of drugs otherwise it could be 3 in a row. Maybe her cause of death will wake some others up to their lifestyle before it too late for them. Tragic waste.

Tragic waste.

Sad but Drugs (often) kill.

Agree with all of the above, s’pecially the last bit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There was no drug paraphernalia near her body when it discovered at her home

So either extraordineraly well planned and somehow slow enough acting (unlikley, it’s called a hit for a reason) that she could dispose of the ‘evidence’. Or someone helped her. Or someone cleaned up before the ambulance arrived.

And gramatical standards are slipping even at the broadsheets!

edlong
    Free Member

Would those be grammatical standards?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let her RIP. Can’t see how any details are in the “public interest” or whatever fake reason the media give in these cases.

peterfile
    Free Member

Let her RIP. Can’t see how any details are in the “public interest” or whatever fake reason the media give in these cases.

I’ve always wondered this.

Perhaps it’s to curb speculation/rumours?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Rubbernecking over others missforune just an instinctive reaction to stop you doing the same thing. Couple that with a puzzle to solve and you’ve got something that people will want to discuss.

Would those be grammatical standards?

touche

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member 
    The mrs just told me as I walked in from the gymnastics run. My immediate thought was drugs. I feel bad for that thought. As above a lot of tragedy to hit one family. RIP
    POSTED 3 WEEKS AGO #

If it is the case and it’s not the usual shit stirring media I now feel bad for her poor family.

29erKeith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

I see your point, and agree to a point, but! on the other hand if the public don’t see what drugs can do it’ll perhaps not discourage others from starting.

edlong
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m sure lots of people considering injecting heroin pause to think about Peaches Geldof, her mum, Sid Vicious et al and decide not to.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just confirmed shed been recently “using” which led to her death somehow?

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Peaches Geldof Dead’ is closed to new replies.