Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • P****d of with people from the classifieds
  • cardo

Touchwood I generally on Singletrack have found the buying and selling process to be very good, have not been messed about and had dealings with some genuine good people. Yes if someone really wants something they will pay for it straight away, no question. If they make you wait for payment well that’s just plain rude and the item is open for sale again to someone else. Communication is the key though, if there is a problem tell the other guy/girl… (It’s still miles better on here than Ebay or PB) 😉

nwilko
    Free Member

yet to find a shop that would take your complaint seriously why should a forum seller wait for anyone to send their payment and loose a potential sale..

2nd hand sales on the web are now a pain, far two many young uns that have grown up with ebay as their early buying / selling experience with no concept of decency..

prior the net and mobiles you used free adds or the local shop window and someone came round your house to view & pay for something they actually wanted.. web is full of many selling junk overpriced and many wanting to buy for nothing as and when suits them with no thought for anyone but themselves..

rant poor, try the same complaint in your local supermarket and get a reality check, you want you pay, if not please move on..

hora
    Free Member

Sorry if you’ve got paypal and the seller will take paypal then theres no excuse for paying soon after you’ve said you’d take the item.

If you’ve got time to browse the internet, etc etc…

It seems to me the ‘buyer’ had slight hesitation and decided to wait/think abit. Tough. The seller wants to sell.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I resent the comment made by wilko. I,m youngish and have never had a problem selling where payment has been made. Buying from a old well recognised member from here stuffed me a tad on a set of brakes once.
    Apart from that, just a whole heap of wasters nowadays who should be vetted by mods individually before being able to post and must have a ratio of 3:1 contributions in the main forums to selling imo.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

batfink – Member

how amazingly patronising.

Ultimately, it’s you that missed out – maybe you should revise your expectations of the buying process (based on the previous page of comments re: buyers “evaporating”) in future.

I didn’t miss out. There was no one else wanting to buy it. The seller just had a hissy fit because I hadn’t paid immediately. I merely asked if it was available – and said I’d have it if it was. He replied, I paid at the first opportunity.

There’s really no pleasing some people.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘P****d of with people from the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.