Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PCP PSA
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Those of you using, or considering using, PCP to finance a car, todays moneybox on R4 is worth a listen.

jam-bo

Is it the next mis-selling scandal?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Nope. Well, there’s always a mis-selling element that pops up when PCP is talked about. No, its about the ability to terminate the contract, for free, if you’re half way through. I wasn’t aware of this, suspect not many people are.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Don’t use PCP. It’s just not worth it. Try Ketamine instead.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

You can terminate for free. You just pay any excess mileage charge.
    It is well known.

tdog
    Free Member

Any other details op or is this a vein attempt of scaremongering a few forumites

legend
    Free Member

It’s also really clearly stated in the finance docs

russyh
    Free Member

A pcp agreement is just a regulated finance agreement of sorts so VT (voluntary termination) or halves and thirds rule as it was also known is nothing new it’s a consumer rightbthats been in place for ages. Hell dealerships encourage it to get you to change your car earlier !

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Tough crowd.

Scapegoat

Inherent accuracy in a PCP, due to low recoil. For tougher jobs like ratting I prefer the Gas Ram converted springer.

nickfrog
    Free Member

It’s not exactly “free” to terminate early as it means your deposit has been amortised out of a smaller amount of months so the real cost goes up.

I find lease deals far more cost effective, if selected properly of course.

Northwind

Is it a PC phyrric victory?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

UrbanHiker – Member
    Tough crowd.

Yeah who doesn’t like a vague opening post with not actual detail or content that just tells you to head off somewhere else in a “You will never guess what happened next” kind of way

wilburt
    Free Member

There was some nice looking links on another thread.
    New car £200pcm but you still had to stump up 2.5k just to rent the thing so after a year you’ve spent 5k and got nothing to show for it?
    I would imagine they are quite happy to let you hand the car back at 5k pa rental.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Glory, glory Derby County, and The Rams keep marching on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PCP PSA’ is closed to new replies.