• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Pc world….omg they must get their story right.
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Missus goes to buy laptop convertible pad jobbie.

We do our homework and read reviews, yup they’re a bit of a halfway station but for faceflap, and a bit of browsing will be ok

Hit click and collect to arrive at store and BOOM, cross sell up sell must have been the only thing the tactless moroncould remember from the mornings target for today meeting

I was stood next to my clueless female target of a technological dimwit as he reeled off the reasons not to buy a 170 quid item but instead go for the surface pro

by the time I got involved and was ready to destroy him he had mentioned two returns that very day because the product was so poor and we would both be dissapointed.

Cue manager by which time I had loaded up their very own Web page extolling the virtues of how the atom processor smoothly runs windows and games were easily coped with on its high pixel count display, only I can’t return it if the thing is actually crappie because despite their website saying it’s awesome, the sales guy has said it’s useless.

Oh and manager bloke, well he has no knowledge of any returns but also declined the chance to examine if this was even remotely truthful.

So who’s talking shit here your sales guy or the website pc world?

I can see why they could possibly be the next casualty of the high street

Dibbs
    Free Member

All that and you go and post it on the wrong forum. 😛

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Hahaha 😀

philxx1975
    Free Member

Does it give you a choice on a phone?

thepurist

You deserve an award for actually managing to engage with 2 of the people who wander round their stores dressed as staff.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I used to like Currys for at least attempting customer service – now they’re branded together that seems to have vanished :/

legend
    Free Member

philxx1975 – Member
    Does it give you a choice on a phone?
    POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yup

neila

Your answer is John Lewis, they actually seem to know what they are talking about. I haven’t been to a Pc World in years.

jimmy

JL all the time. Nice, knowledgeable staff and price match. Why wid ye no?

RustyMac

Been there too unfortunately, at Christmas I did click and collect on a laptop for my mum. First line the sales man came out with you’ll be wanting some anti-virus software for that so you don’t get millions of viruses when you go online. The laptop doesn’t come with any…
    Oh right really, is this a special version of windows 10 that is supplied? Does it not have windows defender.
    No but the windows one is always rubbish. Norton is really good and is only 45 quid.
    I’m fine thanks.
    Are you sure, if you don’t take it you will really want to take our additional warranty care it is 5.99 per month and if it can’t be fixed we will replace new for old.
    Ah this will be the warranty care that lost my friends laptop for 9 weeks a month before his grad project was due and refused to supply a replacement after 2 weeks when it could not be found. I’m not interested thanks.
    You’ll regret it.
    No, I really think I’ll be just fine can I pay for the laptop now.

dannybgoode

I have over the years fine tuned my persona as a customer in PC World. I can go in, browse, buy and not be offered any warranties, up sells, cross sells or anything else. Just pay and leave.

I suppose I should list it in the superpowers thread.

rOcKeTdOg

I bought my first ever bike GPS from PC world when they were flogging Garmins for £50. Sales guy attempted to upsell it to a car satnav. Generously I attempted to explain it was a fancy bike computer & my bike didn’t have a windscreen. Not sure he was convinced by my explaination tbh

trail_rat
    Free Member

I know they are only doing their job but they are so pushy i find that just being pushy back seems to be the only way to get them to comply.

I was buying a portable hdd – during the time when there were the floods out in where ever they made hdd’s and prices and availibility were sky high and low respectively so i was forced into pc world to ensure i actually got one.

The guy was adament i would be wanting a huge desk top mains powered model rather than the slim line usb powered model i bought and pretty much wouldnt take no for an answer.

singlespeedstu

Went in to collect a keyboard after checking on line they had stock.
    Found the display model on the stand but none for sale on the shelf.
    Asked the sales lad if he could get us one from the store room as none on the shelf.
    He told me that they had no stock even when I showed him they were showing as having stock in the store.
    Ordered it using my phone then went to the collection point and collected it. Same lad had to fetch it from the store room and hand it to me. 😆
    No I didn’t take the piss much. 🙂

chubstr
    Free Member

Showed your prowess in PC World……my hero

singlespeedstu

No just wanted a new keyboard. 🙄

squirrelking
    Free Member

Why didn’t you just reserve it there and then?

Glasgow lot are great or maybe I just have a look about me.

bigdean

Found the display model on the stand but none for sale on the shelf.
    Asked the sales lad if he could get us one from the store room as none on the shelf.
    He told me that they had no stock even when I showed him they were showing as having stock in the store.
    Ordered it using my phone then went to the collection point and collected it. Same lad had to fetch it from the store room and hand it to me.
    No I didn’t take the piss much.

Pretty much done the same in halfords for a toolbox offer.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had the opposite happen, I ordered someting to collect in store, got the confirmation that they had one in stock, when I got there, thirty minutes later, no sign of it (they’d either sold it or couldn’t find it).

P-Jay
    Free Member

Don’t, whatever you do, ever, ever, ever ask for a VAT invoice… You’ll have to meet the ‘Business Manager’ and despite how many times you tell them only ever use them at the retailer of last report you’ll spend an HOUR just tying to buy something.

DezB
    Free Member

Am I the only one lucky enough to have Novatech nearer than PC World?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Pc world….omg they must get their story right.’ is closed to new replies.