Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Paypal – withdrawing large amount Q's.
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ok so I received quite a sum of monies into my Paypal account late last night in three separate amounts.

I withdraw to my linked card, to which it stated ”expect within 24hrs” then to my dismay, it actually is (still) pending which now states under my Paypal account info 3-5 working days!!?

Now I’m fully verified member with a 100% profile and my thoughts are that it will be in within the 24hrs but just unsure why my email from Paypal stated within 24hrs when in my Paypal account it states pending and 3-5 working days.

It’s not a case of I want the money in my account asap, I need it in my account asap.

Am I correct in thinking there are more ways of confirming and verifying your linked bank account as was under the assumption I had done that already years ago…?

Thanks in advanced for anyone who can shed some light on the matter.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bank account – a couple of hours in the UK according to PayPal, so may be worth asking them

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ860&topicID=ADDING_AND_WITHDRAWING_MONEY_HELPHUB&m=TCI

They also say you can’t to a credit card, but you can do this in the US and it takes 3-5 days apparantly

EDIT: Weekend not classed as a ‘working day’?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Sure it’s usually within 2hrs they say and works instantly for me every time.
    But guessing because of the sizeable amount, it’s different but for what exact reason..?

It’s not a credit card fyi. 🙂

and yes I realise it’s not a working day today or tomorrow.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It will appear at some point

However large sums in then large sum out – you’d expect a delay for security checks if it’s not a regular occurrence on the account

Withdrawals to my natwest account are instant 99/100

v8ninety

Money laundering rules slowing things down maybe? (IAMAA) don’t they kick in when amounts greater than 5k get moved about. Just a thought, I may be barking up the completely wrong tree.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

AHHHHHH, GOTCHA!

Just found this which I kinda guessed but wanted to clarify with someone who has experienced just this type of scenario.

TEXT BELOW:

Why is my withdrawal on hold?
    Print
    Withdrawals can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through the PayPal system. Generally they will complete within 2 hours however we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it’s released.
    This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account profile recently.
    Once our review has finished your withdrawal will show as ‘completed’ and will be processed to your bank account as long as the review did not turn up any issues.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

No, good thought V8ninety

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Paypal – withdrawing large amount Q's.’ is closed to new replies.