Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Paypal- Quick lesson question
  • hora
    Free Member

I can read T&C's but are there any main 'catches' to accepting Paypal as a gift?

Can it be withdrawn/disputed (as in a Ebay auction) and I assume theres a small charge for withdrawing your money when its paid in?

bruneep

It's not supposed to be used for buying goods. Hence why there are no fees, I have never had any issues with it. No fees for withdrawing.
    Money can be slow in getting to your bank account 5 days.

B

hora
    Free Member

Thats no prob for the wait- as long as its placed against your account it can't be tampered with?

handyman153
    Free Member

Once its in your account its yours, and even though it takes a while to get from your paypal account to the bank, its perfectly safe.

Also a 'gift' payment cant be withdrawn, or disputed.

One slight problem is, if its for a large amount they might put a hold on it to 'check' it.
    This might just be random buts its happened to me once and took 3 days to get to the receiver.

Cheers
    Josh…

jackberesford
    Free Member

A related question, I recently sent £150 as a paypal gift and was charged £5ish in fees. Is that correct? As I was under the impression the whole idea of paypal gift is that there are no fees

bruneep

How did you pay the gift, there will be fees if you use a credit card none if it comes out of your bank account.

Jamie
    Free Member

A related question, I recently sent £150 as a paypal gift and was charged £5ish in fees. Is that correct? As I was under the impression the whole idea of paypal gift is that there are no fees

I believe the sender will get charged if they do not have sufficient funds in their Paypal account.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I know its alongtime ago (c7yrs) but I was once charged a conversion from £ to $ then to £ when I wanted to withdraw the funds from Paypal for a Omega watch I once sold on Ebay so I was/am abit hesitant.

jackberesford
    Free Member

Jamie – yeah I didnt have enough in my account it had to come straight from the bank account so that will be it, thanks

eldridge
    Free Member

Pay by PayPal online

Two days later, recieve phishing email requesting your bank account and credit card details "for security reasons"

Corrupt staff at PayPal are regularly passing details of your transactions to criminal gangs

Contact the Inland Revenue online

Two days later, receive phising email from IR, so they can give you a massive tax refund. Guess what info they need?

Corrupt staff at IR are regularly and systematically passing our details to criminal gangs

bruneep

jackberesford
    Free Member

+1 bruneep

eldridge
    Free Member

bruneep you trusting little person

LOL at the tinfoil hat joke

I would have put one on, if I had though it would have protected me from phishing emails shortly after contacting PayPal and HMRC

It's just that – well, two days after paying by PayPal, I got a phishing email

And two days after phoning HMRC Darlington, I got a phishing email

So maybe your own tinfoil hat is blocking messages from the real world

And if you trust online payment systems and online tax assessments – you are juicy bait for internet piranhas

And your financial testicles are dangling temptingly low in the water

Nip! Nip!

bruneep

eldridge,

Used PP and many other online sites (apart from wiggle) for many years no phishing emails, zip, dada, nowt, zero, **** all.
    As for tax assessments I have a man to do that for me and the HMRC give me money back every year 😉

Mibbe you need to check your machine for any spy/malware.

B

Neep! Neep!

As for ma ba's I'm jaffa

eldridge
    Free Member

I have a man to do that for me

Get YOU!

HMRC give me money back every year

Yes it's called fiddling your accounts

bruneep

Nope its claiming for what you are entitled to claim for, best £250 per year I ever spend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Paypal- Quick lesson question’ is closed to new replies.