Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Paypal – payment on hold
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen?

I’ve recieved a payment from the guy who bought a bike I had for sale on here, the funds showed in my paypal account.

10 minutes later I got an email from paypal saying ti was on hold as ” the payment has not been authorised by the account holder” and that I should go the the resolution centre etc.

I did this, and answered their questions.

Any similar experiences or things to watch out for? Haven’t sent any items yet so i’m fine there.

wwaswas

I’ve had it happen on ebay when I’ve sold stuff – they haven’t released the funds until the buyer left feedback – kind of like an escrow thing.

not seen it on a standard private sale though

steve_b77
    Free Member

The email said I should send prrof of postage, then the resolution centre said not to send anything until the the funds are released.

Kinda strange, hope it gets sorted.

wwaswas

any contact from the buyer?

shmoo
    Free Member

I had in on ebay once, spoke to paypal (they were very helpful), who insisted I didn’t send the bike until funds were sorted, I spoke to the ‘buyer’ who refused to speak to paypal (instantly sounded dodgy). Never got the funds (turned out to be a fraudulent transaction). Finally got all my fees back from ebay etc, and sold it to a genuine buyer who paid instantly.

Hope you get it sorted quick

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thinking it’s a bit dodgy to be fair.

He’s registered on here as theprawn, comes up on google for twitter too.

br
    Free Member

I had this with a fork I sold a few years ago, once the buyer sent feedback the money was released – but I was concerned for a while…

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s not ebay associated, the bike was sold via here.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

STW legend of old, recently returned is theprawn (if it’s the same prawn)

One of jedi’s mates I think.

steve_b77
    Free Member

He’s from SE London, appears to be a Tri-athelete too.

Would this be the same guy?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

dunno, I don’t know him. It just an observation from spending too much time on here! Just seen him on another thread though so he should be online if you send an email or something?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Had a email explaining the situation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Paypal – payment on hold’ is closed to new replies.