Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PayPal gift and refunding
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

So I sold an item on pinkbike earlier, we agreed on a price and I insisted that the buyer pay via goods/services any way payment arrived in my PayPal account as a gift and subject to chargebacks so had a slight niggle in the back of my mind something doesn’t feel right.

I’ve gone back to PB and the account was only opened this month and there is no history just a profile picture, so back to PayPal and sure enough there is no address in there either so I have refunded the buyer and said I do not wish to continue.

Now I’m thinking is there a way that I have returned the payment that they can still catch me by using a charge back?

I can’t seem to find an answer on Google…

bigblackshed

You should have kept the PP gift and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

Gift is like free money.

😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So I sold an item on pinkbike earlier, we agreed on a price and I insisted that the buyer pay via goods/services any way payment arrived in my PayPal account as a gift and subject to chargebacks so had a slight niggle in the back of my mind something doesn’t feel right.

Wrong way round, dude.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I see where your coming from but having read this I can see how it would work

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/beware-paypal-gift-chargeback-fraud-will-defraud-sellers-784828.html

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Hmm. I thought that Paypal wouldn’t let you fund a PPG payment via CC to stop chargebacks.

That post was 2012, wonder if it’s still the case? Either way, do what you need to feel comfortable.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yeah everything seemed a bit strange with very little info on the person purchasing which got me on edge not to keen to get caught for almost £200

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PayPal gift and refunding’ is closed to new replies.