Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Paypal eCheque?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Just been paid with one of these for something on ebay

Paypal site says I shouldn't post until early December – do they really take that long to clear?

Merlinman

Knock it back – the buyer doesn't have funds.

I had this with some Faithless tickets – wouldn't clear until after gig. Mailed purchaser who gave me cash on night.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I had to pay with a paypal cheque a couple of months ago. Took ages.
    Basically, MrFC had received a new bank card which he had forgotten to register with paypal.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

oh e-cheques do my nut in

everytime somebody pays me with one on paypal we have a fall out as they can't seem to grasp that it has'nt cleared

PePPeR

I've been on the other end before, e-mail the buyer and let them know that its probably their card that has expired and will need to re input the details of their new card.

The seller I was buying from did this for me, he let me know and expalined what had happened and I sorted my card out and he got paid quickly and I got my goods in good time too.

atlaz
    Free Member

At work we've stopped accepting them. They can take ages to clear and we had a rejection rate of around 30%.

armchairbiker

I just had someone win one of my ebay auctions and paid that way – I'm now going to ensure he does pay! Thanks for the warning

chakaping
    Free Member

I got notified that I'd been paid with one of these and that it might take weeks.

I waited and waited and no update so I chased up with the buyer, who pointed out that it had cleared ages ago.

He was right, and I hadn't been sent a notification – which is a bit daft considering how many messages ebay and paypal usually send for anything else they do.

You might want to watch for that anyway!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Paypal eCheque?’ is closed to new replies.