Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Paypal charged me the barstewards!!
  • PJ266
    Free Member

Basically, i have a bank account and a debit card linked to my paypal, the card was linked after the bank account (i didnt have a card when i first opened it)

I bought some items using paypal, there was next to no money in the bank account but i know there was/is enough in the debit card account, however, i recieved a letter today saying the direct debit's to the bank account were returned unpaid due to lack of funds and they are charging me £30 for each transaction (£6 and £13) The £60 has been taken out of the bank account (leaving a negative balance) I would have thought they would have taken the £6 and £13 from my card account no?? Personally, i think its a bit unreasonable?? anyone know where i stand with this?

Cheers, Paul

(Waits for people to shoot me down in flames 😉 )

druidh
    Free Member

Sounds like you didn't set your account preferences correctly in Paypal.

PJ266
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmm, ive just had a look and cant see anything about account preferences?

snaps
    Free Member

Paypal call it 'primary funding source'

PJ266
    Free Member

Logic says they would then try the "secondary funding source"?! I get the feeling that logic is not important here though 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

My Account…Profile…Financial Information…Bank Accounts

What's your Primary account? The one with no money in?

PJ266
    Free Member

The account with some (not enough mind) says "primary confirmed" in its status, the debit card has written above it:

"Add a credit card to your PayPal account to increase your payment options, use as Backup Funding or confirm your address"

Kinda suggests it would be used as a backup no?

Smee
    Free Member

They are just being muppets, tell them so.

PJ266
    Free Member

Might give it a go 😉 somehow i think they'll tell me to shutup.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Paypal charged me the barstewards!!’ is closed to new replies.