• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Paying on Edinburgh buses
  • bryan-g-

Being a Teuchter from the islands and not having been on a bus in Edinburgh for about 6 years I can’t remember whether you can pay with notes on buses or do you need change. Serious question.

scotroutes

Exact fare only

jimmy

Exact fare only, ie no change given. You can get a credit note from the driver if you overpay but it can only be cashed in at Lothian buses office(s).

bryan-g-

Ok thanks for that.

jamiep
    Free Member

£1.30 single, £3.50 day ticket. Bargain

sweepy
    Free Member

How awkward, no change! No wonder people dont want to travel on the damn things.

RustyMac

£1.30 for a single! Blomin heck that is cheap, in Aberdeen a standard single is £2 or for the full length of an inner city route it can be £2.40. For a peak rate day ticket it £4.50.

metalheart
    Free Member

Rusty, my thoughts exactly!

@£1.30 I’d use the bus, @ £2.40 I mostly walk. Aye, an Aberdonian born and bred, why’d you ask? 😀

bigjim

£1.40, keep up!

Eeh I remember when it was 60p.

Best bus service I’ve ever used though. If you are getting 3 or more trips in a day get a day ticket for £3.50 for infinite travel, and give it to someone at a stop when you get off, to share the love.

Kit
    Free Member

How awkward, no change! No wonder people dont want to travel on the damn things.

Eh? The Edinburgh buses are very well used.

bryan-g – if you’re around in the city for a few days, you can go to one of the Lothian Buses shops and buy a book of tickets (single or day), which you’d use instead of cash. And technically you could use a note…a £1 note 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Paying on Edinburgh buses’ is closed to new replies.