• This topic has 18 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ton.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • path through Tripsdale on the NYM……..anyone?
  • ton

anyone done the path through Tripsdale on the MYM.
    from Seave Green to Cockayne.

what is it like…..good surface,rideable?

jota180
    Free Member

The climb up to Urra moor is quite steep but a reasonable surface – last time I did it ~5 years ago
    Then it’s hard pack across the moor, I don’t know the descent down to Cockayne though

pennine
    Free Member

Don’t know about BW from Seave Green but I seem to remember Medd Crag along the earthworks to the main track is ok. The big drop & climb out of Tripsdale is a wide sandy track. Across Slape Moor to BW split – LH steep or right along Bransdale Ridge to road & then left down road/bw to Cockayne

Tripsdale:

CrispyCSW

The climb from Seave Green gets very steep in places in the woods (East Bank Plantation), but the surface is generally OK, we usually use it as a quick but painful way of getting some height out of Chop Gate. The last bit from the woods to the track on Urra moor is a definite push – steep & tussocky grass.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You (we) need to go from Cockayne to Seave Green Ton. I’m in planning mode!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

When you thinking of Tony??

I’ll be mended in a couple of weeks…

ton

Essel, nice one.
    Nick, this saturday i hope……Essel?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just been talking to my riding pal Ton, It’s a bogfest up there & the tracks are as soft as shite (softer if your’e on a heavy bike)
    Hows about a Swaledale trip this weekend & wait till it dries a bit on the NYM?

ton

ok mate….20ish mile route in swaledale should be a good tester for the motor.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Tracks in Swaledale are in surprisingly good nick after nearly 35mm of rain on Friday alone! According to the Dales Bike Centre weather wotsit there has been 590mm of the stuff so far this year – must be all those lead mines draining it away 😯

I’m off Saturday – any chance of joining in?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tracks in Swaledale are in surprisingly good nick after nearly 35mm of rain on Friday alone!
    That’s why we go there!

I’m off Saturday – any chance of joining in?

Only if you don’t laugh at the 3 filing cabinets that’ll be there.

DeeJay
    Free Member

I could bring my own filing cabinet – black though 😉

ton

Dave, it would be fantastic to see you mate. 10am ish in Reeth square.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I could bring my own filing cabinet – black though
    Excellent! We’ll have 2 white ones, a ghost grey one & a black one!

ton

bloody sheep………… 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Baaaaa.

Humbug.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Be great to see you too Tony – been a while. I shall dust off the filing cabinet, squirt its runners with oil and see you on Saturday 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can’t do this weekend Tony… Dr said I can’t drive for at least another week, & can’t ride for a couple more 😥

ton

just to let anyone intersted know, i tried to get to tripsdale this afternoon…with my leccy bike.
    from seave green, i went up the b/w that takes you up to the woods (east bank plantation), i made it halfway through before the surface (slippy/muddy) and my inhability to push the hefty bike up forced me to retreat.
    i then went for the next b/w north of the woods. i managed to ride all the way up to the last gate before the earthworks….but the steepness forced me to push the last 200 meters (left me fubared)
    i then followed the b/w east to the 1st junction and followed the b/w across urra moor, and down the steep cobbled steppy descent to the road. it was very nice for a couple of hours exploring.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘path through Tripsdale on the NYM……..anyone?’ is closed to new replies.