Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pastis
  • geoffj

On its own or with water or something else?

Pieface

I prefer with water, but have enjoyed it sraight as well.

peteimpreza

with water

duckers
    Free Member

Cheese or cornish?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm, pastis……
    Water and ice cubes. You are not supposed to put ice in it until water is, but I have never heard a reasponable explanation for this.

You can also put mint syrup along with the water (comes in can-type bottle in french supermarket) and call it 'un perroquet' (parrot), or grenadine makes 'une tomate' (tomato). Or almond syrup makes it something whose neame escapes me. These are somewhat frowned upon by some serious pastis drinkers (think bar ends on risers) although still very nice to drink.

Finally if you are a rascally student type, pernod and snakebite and black is pretty devistating. Oh and pernod is by no means the best pastis, just the only one in most pubs in the yookay. The others are very noticeably different and worth a punt.

Santé! 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

We used to drink it with red bull on a big night out. Much better than vodka as you can actually taste it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Pastis* over ice one a Mediterranean summers evening looking down from St Maxime towards St Tropez.

Great memories from my honeymoon.

*It was Richard rather than Pernod or Pastis 51 but if I said I had Richard on my honeymoon you lot would probably snigger

ton

neat

johnners
    Free Member

Horribe stuff. You'll be drinking Raki next.

JulianA
    Free Member

And what's wrong with raki? I happen to enjoy raki when consumed after dinner in a taverna overlooking a harbour in Greece somewhere with the sun setting over the water…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

JulianA – Were you with Richard?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pastis’ is closed to new replies.