Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Pasta
  • perchypanther
    Free Member
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ohhhhhhhhh. It’s only a 6hour round trip…
    Edit: (un)surprising lack of pasta too.

binners

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to try a Tandoori Munchy Box now

We’re out for a curry tonight, but I just know that as I’m chomping on my favourite South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken, I’ll have that nagging voice at the back of my mind ‘this isn’t a Tandoori Munchy Box. A Tandoori Munchy Box would be better than this’ 😥

Curse you PP! How can a thread that started as a homage to chips end up in such crushing disappointment!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pasta is Italian and Mediterranean diets are supposed to be healthy, so pasta gets my vote over nasty greasy unhealthy chips.

Or something like that 😀

Yeah, reality is, pasta and pasta dishes we Brits eat is hideously unhealthy really. Daily fresh seafood diet, maybe (not battered cod 😉 )

Pizza also is good for you, because it’s Italian, so it must be 😛 . Well, it has tomato on it 😉

Actually, I like decent chip shop chips, but it’s hard to come by and varies on the time and oil quality. I rarely do chips though, but I do love pasta dishes. Less about the pasta, but the sauce with it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Curse you PP! How can a thread that started as a homage to chips end up in such crushing disappointment!

‘Cause you, as usual, started banging on about pies.

I was left with no option but to deploy the nuclear deterrent.

Peace through superior frierpower 😉

slowster
    Free Member

Garlic prawn linguine with cherry tomatoes

Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan (or frying pan if large enough to contain the pasta at the end) at a medium heat.
    Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a finely chopped garlic clove and cook till the garlic is ‘pale gold’ (beige).
    Add around half a dozen prawns and cook for half a minute to a minute, then turn them over and cook another half a minute to a minute.
    Add between 6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, and cook for a few minutes, adding salt and pepper to season.

In the meantime cook 75g-100g of linguine or spaghetti in approximately a litre of boiling water with half a teaspoon of salt added to it. Cook it till it’s ‘al dente’ (so 10 minutes if the De Cecco brand), then quickly drain and add the pasta to the saute/frying pan, together with a good handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley.

Allow half a minute to a minute for the pasta to cook a bit more in the juices and then serve with some bread (focaccia is good) to mop up the spicy garlicky tomatoey juices at the end.

You could leave out the prawns for a vegetarian version.

binners

Peace through superior frierpower

Cougar

*applause*

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

return fryer

perchypanther
    Free Member

return fryer

Don’t make me use the Pizza Crunch

Coyote
    Free Member

Just checked that recipe and it states:

6 strips of bacon
    Kosher salt

Please can someone explain that one to me?

Oh, and pasta FTW.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Pizza Crunch

I’m going to have to do cardiac potatoes now so i can provide photo evidence/challenge

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

it’s not kosher.

From wikipedia:Koshering salt, usually referred to as kosher salt, is a variety of edible salt popular in the US which has much larger grain size than some common table salt. Like common table salt, kosher salt consists mainly of the chemical compound sodium chloride.

Unlike some common table salt, kosher salt typically contains no added iodine. Some brands will include anticaking agents in small amounts.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m going to have to do cardiac potatoes

You will never win.

I’ve seen 30 stone Americans walk into the Blue Lagoon chippy, look at the menu and go pale and leave without saying a word.

We’re not even allowed to talk about the Stonner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonner_kebab

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

1000cal? I assume that’s a misprint on wiki?

perchypanther
    Free Member

That is no misprint my friend.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Presume it means large calories rather than gram calories.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well I’m home alone Saturday so that’s the ingredients ordered for said potatoes. I think i should have steak as an accompaniment

rone

Potatoes come out of the ground and on my plate with little meddling. They digest better and all forms are good.

Pasta is the most overrated food of all time.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

^^^quinoa?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Presume it means large calories rather than gram calories.

Say what now?

A battered sausage wrapped in donner with chips sounds quite appealing right now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chips ? Or Chips ?

499kr to you Sir, or Madame… (£47)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Do they come in swanky flavours like Smokey bacon iberico ham, roast beef chateau briand and the like?

Edit: Nope google suggests cheese flavour mushroom and mushroom flavour seaweed among others. But they are the worlds most exclusive crisps.

bikebouy
    Free Member

These are not just any potato chips. These are potato chips made with some of the most exclusive ingredients available in the Nordics. And to get the best craft and match perfectly with our India Pale Ale they’re prepared by the talented chefs of the Swedish National Culinary Team.

For the best taste experience, these chips should be savored with S:t Eriks India Pale Ale.

&

Ingredients
    Matsutake
    With a taste similar to that of mature cheese, matsutake is one of the world’s most sought-after species of mushrooms. The matsutake in the chips comes from pine forests in the northern region of Sweden and was picked by hand using cotton gloves in order to preserve their quality.

Truffle Seaweed
    As the name suggests, truffle seaweed has a flavor reminiscent of truffles. The seaweed grows in the form of small tufts on the brown alga known as Ascophyllum nodosum, which is only found in cold tidal waters. The seaweed used in the world’s most expensive chips comes from the waters around the Faroe Islands.

Crown Dill
    To achieve the distinctive dill flavor, the creators of the chips investigated varieties of Swedish crown dill. The crown dill used was hand-picked on the Bjäre Peninsula in southern Sweden and selected for its fresh, yet powerful flavor.

Leksand Onion
    For a balanced onion flavor, we used the much sought-after Leksand onion, a specific variety of the onion family that grows just outside the small Swedish town Leksand. One reason for its excellent flavor may be the fact that the onions are always planted on the eighteenth of May and harvested on the tenth of August, whatever the weather.

India Pale Ale Wort
    During the process of brewing beer, the barley malt is converted into a sweet aromatic liquid known as wort. To add a hint of sweetness to the chips, freeze-dried wort was added, of the kind normally used to brew S:t Eriks India Pale Ale.

Ammarnäs Potatoes
    The potato in the chips comes from the potato hillside in Ammarnäs, a steep, stony slope in a south-facing location where almond potatoes are cultivated in very limited numbers. The slope is difficult for modern agricultural machines to access, which means that all potatoes are planted and harvested by hand.

However..

All income generated from the sale of these chips will be donated to charity.

Cougar

You’ve produced a pie that I am absolutely repelled by.

I like pie and I live off pasta, and I’m with you on this. That’s just wrong.

binners

It’s even wronger than putting a puff pastry lid on a casserole and calling it a pie.

Content is what matters. Just encasing something in pastry does not a pie make.

Lasagna has as legitimate a place inside pastry as a lego Death Star

maccruiskeen

Am I not allowed to like Rocket? I even grew my own earlier this year.
    It was nice with my… oh, erm, this is the problem isn’t it? my.. salads.
    Sorry.

Doesn’t have to be salad. If you’ve got plenty off it its great mashed up as pesto on your, umm, pasta.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Binners, get yer big baldy mancunian head up to Peebles, and try a forsythes lasagne pie. Ooft.

Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Pasta’ is closed to new replies.