Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Passportes – all u Alpes kids
  • willber
    Free Member

Hi

I’m doing the passportes this year – first time taking my bike abroad. What’s the best way of packaging a bike for plane travel?

Accommodation – I need a place to stay for 3 nights. How do u sort your accomodation out? Where do u stay?

I’m riding from Chatel on the 29th and have a few tickets spare if anyone wants them – 40 quid each

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you can’t get a bike bag got a normal box from your LBS remover wheels, mech and bars – maybe forks to depending on bike. Pit all bits in a bag then in your camel back.

Pack bike with pads and clothes up to the weight limit. (Check airline size restrictions)

Sent 6 to Oz like this

Ambrose

Put 2p coins between the pads in the calipers. Put lengths wood between the dropouts. Forget bubblewrap, foam is your friend. Mr Duct-tape is a nice bloke too. Once everything is nicely padded, shove into a bikebox (from local bike shop) or a proper bike bag (with wheels on it, much appreciated whilst dragging it across Geneva airport)and hey ho- away we go.

Top tip- take a load of UK coins- 10p (I think) fits just nicely into the trolleys in Geneva airport.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Passportes – all u Alpes kids’ is closed to new replies.