Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Passporte du Soleil
  • Taz

Worth doing?

More specifically worth adding a day onto the start of my Morzine trip to do?

Also I will be taking my Nicolai Helius FR out to Morine. I assume that would be an ok bike for the Passporte?

Thanks

tonto
    Free Member

have been told it is a very good event, though not done it myself.

brownpants
    Free Member

Done it 3 times now and I would say that if you are going out there anyhow you’ll end up doing it ( or could do easily ) without all the crowds etc.
    I’m doing it again with the Woollybacks so you can have the map from me on the Monday if you want . I always end up doing it about 3 times – groundhog day!!

brownpants
    Free Member

Forgot to say that its 69 euros for a 6 day lift pass or 35 euros for the event ( naf shirt given out), so costly too.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Having never ridden in the Alps before is this event OK for a first timer or am I better off booking a weekend with trail addiction or someone similar??

Also, whats the approximate costs of the event?

Sorry for the thread jack BTW

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And will I be okay on a fully rigid SS?

Sorry about hijackinhg your hijack

tonto
    Free Member

And will I be okay on a fully rigid SS?

not if you break it 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

The PPDS is a great event and a fabulous way for first timers to experience the alps. You can happily do it on a SS/hardtail/29er/69er whatever floats your boat. You will be amazed at some of the junk that people do the event on – I don’t mean anyone here, I just mean, seriously, I’ve seen people going up the lifts with £150 Halford’s specials.

The route is pretty easy, nothing harder than you will find at any of the Welsh trail centres and by all accounts, not as hard as you get at some of the Scottish trail centres.

The atmosphere is great, the route takes you to some amazing spots and it’s brilliantly well organised. There are marshals all around the course to ensure you all get home safe and sound.

One year my mate and I did it we had a bit of an ‘epic’ because my bike broke within the first 3 minutes and we spent 2 hours fixing it. That meant we started late and the marshals gave us a tow to the last lift and radioed ahead to make sure they kept the lift open.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Passporte du Soleil’ is closed to new replies.