Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Passed driving test
  • captaintomo
    Free Member

Today I passed my practical test first time with no minors. I can’t believe it and so overjoyed.

How many minors did you get and how old were you?

Woooooooo

Cougar

Operation Yewtree precludes me from answering that.

Congratulations.

scaredypants

no minors

Now I just bet there’s a joke in there somewhere 😉

Anyhow, congratulations but GET OFF stw until you own an audi !

(Bah, I was beaten by the modz)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i was 21, i didn’t hit any minors, although i nearly had an old dear on a zebra crossing… 😮

first time pass here too, in the days when it was just one test…

congratulations,..now go ride a bike

transporter13
    Free Member

17 car 4 minors
    19 auto bus 4 minors
    21 manual bus 2minors
    25 class 2 4 minors
    25 class 1 2 minors
    All first time
    :mrgreen:

In all seriousness. Well done mate 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

I knocked down an 18 yr old and nearly hit a pensioner so passed with zero minors 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

No idea, I passed first time so didn’t ask… This was before theory tests which I probably would have failed mainly due to poor understanding of how to overtake… 🙂 , any advice out there?

seavers
    Free Member

Congrats!

When I passed it was all fields round here, life was in black and white and what the hell is the practical test?! That’s like when you drive a car yeah?

mrmo
    Free Member

passed when i 32,

first thing congratulations,

second now you learn to drive. I would suggest some motorway lessons at the very least. Passplus or similar, it does help with the insurance costs.

third, remember you only have 6 points, ie get caught speeding twice and you go back to L plates.

fourth, however good you think you are, you’re not. Treat driving like a privilege. And hopefully you won’t be one of the huge number of new drivers who crash.

Smudger666

Passed first time at 18 back before there were minors. Mind you, I did buy my examiner a bottle of vodka the night before 😉

And congrats!

allthepies
    Free Member

I passed about 4 months after my 17th birthday. This was back in 1983 however and it was mandatory to drink a couple of pints of ale before the test.

jonba
    Free Member

22, 1 minor for ‘steering’ or some such.

I assume that you have ridden a fair bit on the road as a cyclist?
    My instructor mentioned that it was often clear as people understand how the roads work so all they need to do is work out the car. I guess some people never figure out how roads work.

ac282

First time pass at 18 but iirc 13 minors. Luckily I was equally shoddy at everything so I didn’t get 3 in any category.

jay91
    Free Member

1st time at 17 5 minors 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Recently passed my UK driving license with 4 minors but I already have a 3rd world driving license for many years with no minor (cost me only £40 in those days). 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

Well done captaintomo!!! Good job!!!

It’s harder now so ‘chapeau’!!!

I passed in 1973! No prob’s

SB

oldmanonabike
    Free Member

Passed mine 40 years ago this week 😯

I was so hungover I’ll never know how I passed!

Northwind

Well done!

I got 2 minors on the bike test which tbh I didn’t think I deserved. Went back to my instructor, said “I passed, had a great ride”, he said, “And he gave you 2 minors, one for hesitation and one for control, right?” Apparently they’d never seen anyone get less than 2 from that tester.

On the car test, years later, I picked up 4 and yep entirely deserved, 2 separate mistakes and entirely deserved

captaintomo
    Free Member

Thanks a lot chaps. Just been out for a spin and it feels amazing!

“I assume that you have ridden a fair bit on the road as a cyclist?”
    Yes this is correct and I think it put me at a slight advantage as like you said I understood the road system.

Thanks again for kind words

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Passed driving test’ is closed to new replies.