Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pashley Tube Rider?
  • gustard_cannet
    Free Member

I've just found out that my employer has started to do a cycle to work scheme and i'm looking at A Tube Rider, but it looks like they only make one size?

Anyone here had owt to do with em?

Cheers 🙂

markenduro
    Free Member

Had one about six months now on ctw. Good for pootling about on, very heavy, slightly flexy frame and cool as ****. Get one of the special edition ones with guards, mine is a hot set model. On phone at mo so can't link to it but mine is on flickr, do a search on tube rider tags

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

If you don't mind me asking how tall are you? It says on their site that one size fits all up to a 34" leg, i don't want to look like a pimple on an elephants back 😉

Rio

Got one last year for Mrs R, turns out I ride it more than her for going round to the shops etc. As above, heavy but loads of fun and a very smooth ride because of the flex.

I'm 6' with 34" inside leg if that helps, she's 5'7" and it's fine for both of us. Even got a basket on the front for carrying the newspaper! Would be a bit crap off-road though, things bounce out too easily. 🙂

markenduro
    Free Member

That's mine. I'm 5'11" with 32" inside leg and it fits me fine, now got dmr v8s on it and sorted the angle of the bars out. The cranks are very flexy but it isn't a bike for rushing about on so you don't notice too much. Had to refit the mudguards and chainguard in an attempt to stop the bloody things rattling though. The burgundy paint is lovely in the flesh, it's a sort of glassy metallic finish and looks really deep, plus the frames are handmade in Stratford on Avon so you are supporting UK jobs if that sort of thing floats your boat.

catfood
    Free Member

Ive got one, lovely. As above heavy but very cool. Ive got the pintail, love the colour but not to everybodys taste. The brookes saddle is very comfy too, didnt even need to break it in, I think the upright seating position helps.

mud-monster
    Free Member

Rode a few customers t-riders at work, great fun! Blue with yellow, mmmmmmmmm

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

mmmm, they sure are lovely!

It looks like i'll be getting one then, just got to make my mind up which colour now! I think i'm going to spec it with the dynamo and the rack too, might even start looking for a basket 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pashley Tube Rider?’ is closed to new replies.