Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Part Exchanging a Car?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Im after a low top transit van, a tdci so around £3k mark for a tidy one, I've got a 51 plate metallic cherry red volvo s40 se 1.8 with 80k on the clock, full service history 1 pre owner, cambelt done, oil changed every 5k ect ect.. its very clean apart from a rip on the drivers seat and a couple of vsmall car park dings and alloy on kerb… what I want to know is…

do you think its worth putting it up for sale for its valuation (parkers say 2100 for a good condition one on 90k) so I think £2100 is fair to expect to take 2k.

or do you think because parkers say a dealer will sell it on the forecourt for around 2600-2800 that they'd likely give me 2k in a part exchange and save the hassle?

I'll be asking around tomorrow but just curious tonight?

steveh

You'll get more selling privately. Don't look at parkers for prices tho, search ebay and autotrader for similar cars to get a real idea of price. Parkers may be correct but often isn't.

alexxx
    Free Member

autotrader rekons around £2.5 for a car like mine with a nasty colour interior and uglier alloys, i'll get it cleaned and advertised then 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

I've bought a van to tour around Europe in and need to sell my car to free up some cash.

Its a 2001 (51 plate) S40 in Metallic Red with 83000 on the clock
    It has the SE pack and the very nice BBS Alloys

The car is fully standard apart from a smooth metallic titanium gear stick as the volvo one felt far too big in my hand.

It's been oil changed every 5k (i'll dig out receipts) including fuel filter, oil filter all genuine volvo.

Its had a volvo cambelt, aux belt, 2 rear springs, inner cv joint rubbers, gearbox oil recently (5k ago)

I've had the car for about 16months and got it on 65k and its always started first time and never let me down.

Interior is black with level trims.

toyo proxy tyres with 1000s left on them (1 was new last month due to side bulging on previous)

oh and new disks and pads 10k ago

Car bad points – a couple of small shopping dings in the paintwork but when its shined up its hard to see, driver side seat ripping from getting in and out and the boot carpet has been relined neatly because i spilt a bit of liquid latex when transporting it home.

Overall the car is very very tidy with all the usual aircon, heated seats, remote ect…

alloys could do with a refurb to be perfect

nothing will need doing to it soon, anything thats been done has been me getting it done to keep it perfect as i dont like suprises.

it'll be sad to see it go as its uber reliable and comfy and the colour is very very nice, but its no good sat on the drive for a year whilst im travelling

1 pre owner, 1 dealer for a week then me! – full volvo service history, mot is around 10 or 11 months and tax is about the same!

for a reliable, much cherished volvo with a strong 1.8 engine this is the car for you!

£2600 ono

(the indicators are clear now or can be reverted to orange like in the piccy) sorry old pics, I'll get fresh ones with the new tyres and indicators oh and new wheel centers (the modern volvo ones)

aracer
    Free Member

Im after a low top transit van…
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO

I've bought a van…
    POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO

That was quick – especially for this time of night. Just to check, you didn't just start this thread in an attempt to sell your car on here (in the wrong forum)?

alexxx
    Free Member

haha nah its just a copy of what I wrote up to see what you guys thought if im being to honest or scatty! I did forget to put the part on the end asking for opinions tho 😀 very tired been coding all day 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Part Exchanging a Car?’ is closed to new replies.