Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • parkwood springs, Sheffield. good stuff?
  • Pook

is it worth exploring? if so, any suggestions of fun bits?

thepodge
    Free Member

A blue loop with a few red opt ins is what I’ve been told.

Recycle are running a kids skills course up there next weekend I think

I suspect I’ll pop up there but I can see the novelty rubbing off quickly when Greno, Wharncliffe & the Peak is so readily available.

Pook

me and rich are thinking of going up later. might jib it off

thepodge
    Free Member

Is it even open?

Ride Sheffield politely asked people to not ride it till it’d bedded in.

Pook

to springs or the steel city dh? I don’t remember anything regarding springs

edit: no, you’re right. peaks tonight then!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

isn’t it a school facility

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Last announcement was over a month, hopefully progressing well…

http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/2012/08/mountain-biking-at-parkwood-springs/

While the track looks pretty much competed, the work is still ongoing with tweaks and finishing touches being put in currently. To make sure that the track stays in its very best state for as long as possible, please do not go and ride the track as it needs adequate time to bed in, also sections of the trail have not had their second whakering either.

ridesheffield
    Free Member

From Recycle….

We’re headed up to the new track at Parkwood Springs this weekend for a community event.
    It is a new mountain bike track built by Sheffield City Council and BikeTrack.org. The track itself is not yet finished, so is not open to the public but we have been given special permission to run sessions on the part of the track that is finished.

This event is to talk to local people about the future of the track, run a couple of training sessions and check some bikes over – diagnosing problems or fixing minor issues.

We will be there from 11-4pm with Sheffield Council, come and have a look at the track and chat to us about it.

Please email me to find out more: bmx@heeleydevtrust.com

Track will be open for all, but they want to let the track bed in, need to cut back some of the bushes and also once the signs go up there is less chance of other people straying onto the track

It is a facitiy for all and will have a go ride club attached to it when it is open.

Its also worth bearing in mind that a loop is only 15 mins when taken at a slow is pace. It is pretty cool tho!

thepodge
    Free Member

What is a “go ride” club?

cp
    thepodge
    Free Member

Ah an u16 club

Pook

bet hora turns up now

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘parkwood springs, Sheffield. good stuff?’ is closed to new replies.