Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Parking ticket. How long?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Got a ticket just over two weeks ago. Proper council job, not an invoice from a set of bastards. I challenged it as it was a bit of a rum do. Even the nazis friendly local parking enforcement agents thought so. I was in a loading bay, loading out tools from a eleventh-floor flat.

Anyway, they said they couldn’t take it back once issued but that they would add to their notes that I was clearly loading and advised me to challenge. Did so the next day online, still heard nothing.

How long does it take generally?

piemonster

How long does it take generally?

Can’t remember exactly, but the two I’ve received from councils where both appealed then dropped by the council (Edinburgh where I put a 2 instead of a Z for the reg, and Sheffield where I forgot to display my permit).

I think somewhere in the 4-5 weeks mark. Nothing on you councils website?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Appealed a council issued parking ticket in Brizzle back in…I dunno…beginning of the year. Took them around 3 months to ok it.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I think somewhere in the 4-5 weeks mark. Nothing on you councils website?

That long? Oh well, that’s fine (geddit). I’ll forget about it for the moment. Just didn’t want to get a letter at some random point in the future when I’m on holiday or something… ‘Dear Sir, as you failed to challenge your PCN yesterday at 11:11pm as prescribed on your nearest ley-line by casting your runes upon the PCN seven times you now owe us ONE MILLION DOLLARS’

kelron
    Free Member

Your time to pay should be paused while you appeal, it’s probably in the small print somewhere.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Got one near Oxford Street in London.

Didnt seem worth appealing as the fine was £40 and was a one off for 24h. Parking was £30 for 4 hours, would have to move the van every time it expired and we were there for a 12h shift!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Parking ticket. How long?’ is closed to new replies.