Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Parking technique gurus…
  • bearnecessities

Deal with this:

lemonysam
    Free Member

Does he have a cloth on his knob?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That was in another thread the other day.

As a undriver – what’s funny about the parking?

Does he have a cloth on his knob?

It’s important to polish your knob on a regular basis.

Cougar

Appropriate number plate.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

There are two problems with that. One is the position of the wheels. I have seen a car collide with sticky-out wheels in a Tesco car park. My driving instructor was pretty anal about this so it’s stuck with me since if your wheels are sticky out and someone crashes into them it’s your fault. Can’t remember what part of the Highway Code covers it, but there used to be some part that did.

The other is that if it was dark it would be illegally parked.

Other than that, a Merc CLS is pretty much my favourite car at the moment.

bearnecessities

Appropriate number plate

Thank God someone noticed. I think it may have been too subtle.

German car, wheels facing out with car facing downhill, snow, personal plate, that says bloody STW…

So much for the ‘perfect storm’!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That was in another thread the other day.

I noticed!

Notice me noticing, notice me….errm, noticing.

Cougar

My driving instructor was pretty anal about this so it’s stuck with me since if your wheels are sticky out and someone crashes into them it’s your fault.

a) that’s bobbins, if you drive into a stationary object then there’s only one cause and it’s not sticky-out wheels. If you can find that in THC I’ll give you my bike.

b) turning your wheels when parked at the kerb is to be encouraged, especially on a hill. If your handbrake fails, your car won’t be doing Herbie impersonations down the road.

EDIT – turned into the kerb in relation to the slope, of course. It’s not clear to me from that photo whether he’s done that or not.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hand brake fail? Because that is so common. That’s old just like engine braking concept. On a hill you engage first gear to stop you rolling down the hill -and park in an auto (like you would anyway) you’re not going anywhere, better than a handbrake. Anyway some good things stick with you for the wrong reasons – sticky-out wheels is just crap.

Completely missed the number plate! I need to wear my glasses more.

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

a) that’s bobbins, if you drive into a stationary object then there’s only one cause and it’s not sticky-out wheels

Yup. But that still won’t uncollide your wheels. Only so many ways you could hit a wheel without hitting the rest of the car though.

Cougar
    slowoldman

The other is that if it was dark it would be illegally parked.

But it wasn’t. 🙄

bearnecessities

This has not turned out the way I hoped. It was meant to be light hearted humour 🙁

rene59
    Free Member

snow

Hahaha, I hope that was a joke!

zippykona

I once saw a car roll into another one when its handbrake failed.
    Now I think about it, the works pick up hand brake failed and it went down the slope and crashed into the new cars parked in the pit. I had to mend one of the new cars and while doing so discovered it had already been in one smash.
    Not a “new ” car you would have wanted to buy.

thegreatape
    Free Member

EDIT – turned into the kerb in relation to the slope, of course. It’s not clear to me from that photo whether he’s done that or not.

I think we would see some wheel if it were toward the kerb.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Parking is SRS BSNS

somafunk

This has not turned out the way I hoped. It was meant to be light hearted humour

This is STW, after a while you just give in and accept the fact that some people feel the need to prove themselves correct, even on a web forum.

Illegal number plate btw

40mpg

I am think more importantly the op was using a mobile device to take a photo from the drivers seat, as his lights are on most probably whilst he was in charge of a vehicle with engine on.

Edit 😉 you ****

Three_Fish
    Free Member

This has not turned out the way I hoped. It was meant to be light hearted humour

If only there was some way of moderating this types of thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Parking technique gurus…’ is closed to new replies.