Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Parking penalty. What exactly does this sign mean and is there a case.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mate got done for parking in the town earlier on today in a spot that he has used for years. This is the sign well not the exact one but very close…

If he parks at 18:10 am I right in saying there are no restriction.?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Sneaky edit 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

18:10.

Ten past the hour of 6pm.

flatfish
    Free Member

No restriction between the hour’s of 18.00-9.00.

donsimon
    Free Member

I would concur that as your mate arrived at 18:10 there is no restriction.
    I would read the sign as saying that from Monday to Saturday and between the hours of 09:00 and 18:00 there is a parking restriction whereby you are permitted to park for 1 hour but can not return to the same spot within the next 4 hours.
    And the lampost is Nº8 from a set of….

RichPenny
    Free Member

Spiky bush could do with a trim.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It is exactly what Don Simon said if mate got parking ticket I would appeal telling them to stuck it where the sun don’t shine!

Cougar

It’s as Don Simon says, unless there are other signs indicating otherwise.

Highway code

Controlled Parking Zones. The zone entry signs indicate the times when the waiting restrictions within the zone are in force. Parking may be allowed in some places at other times. Otherwise parking will be within separately signed and marked bays.

Who’s issued the ticket, incidentally?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The local council.

john_drummer
    Free Member

presumably the ticket has a date/time stamp on it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Time stamp on ticket, CCTV, independant witness who can put driver at another place at a specific time?

ski
    Free Member

Bu what does the ‘8’ mean?

thegreatape
    Free Member

This is the sign well not the exact one but very close…

What does the sign for where he parked say then, and what is painted on the road?

EDIT – And what do they say today, not 5 years ago?

tony24
    Free Member

there must be a reason on the ticket?

donsimon
    Free Member

PMT?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ski ‘8’ is the lamp post number and nowt to do with sign what time and date is ticket? Did he GP over his 4 hrs??

konabunny
    Free Member

If he parks at 18:10 am I right in saying there are no restriction.?

I would read it that way.

But I suppose you could draw a very long bow and say it also allows this interpretation: between 0900 and 1800, you can park there. You may stay for no more than 60 minutes. Once you have left, you may not return with 4 hours.

That is to say, if someone parked there between 1700 and 1730, they would not be entitled to return and park there until 2130 i.e. once the 4 hour non-return period had elapsed.

Had your “mate” coughcough parked there earlier in the day?

Xylene
    Free Member

I posted a thread on here a while back about appealing parking tickets and won.

I don’t see why you can’t try and appeal that one on the grounds of it not being clear.

pepipoo forum helped me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I work in this field for a local authority. Show me the current signing and lining and the details of when/why he was ticketed and I’ll tell you where you stand.

martymac

the 1hr parking restriction with no return within 4hrs only applies between 0900 and 1800.
    you could park at 1701 and leave your car there until 0959 the next day without infringing the rules.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Parking penalty. What exactly does this sign mean and is there a case.?’ is closed to new replies.