• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Parking in that London
  • chrissyboy
    Free Member

Hi all

Just looking for a bit of advice – we’re staying in the Earls Court Premier Inn on a Friday and Saturday in early Sept – is there a best/cheapest parking suggestion? Would I be best parking somewhere further out then getting the train/tube. Coming from the NE if that makes any difference.

TIA.

yossarian
    Free Member

There is a large car park called ‘kent’ to the south.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

We parked here on a recent trip to the smoke. Station within a stones throw.

plumber
    Free Member

Yes,

I’d park as far out as the last tube on the line then tube in.

Also there are overground lines in.

Its quite easy to park on palmerston road, Palmers green and walk 10 mins to either Bowes Park overground every 30 mins or Bounds green tube every couple of minutes – thats where I am, no issue with cars left there for a few days as many people seem to do

Your experience may vary of course

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about a train all the way? That’s what I always do (from Harrogate).

You say NE so I assume you will be able to get to the edinburgh>london train somewhere?

Often the ticket prices are cheaper than the fuel would cost.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Just had a look at the train, and it’s REALLY expensive for 2 adults and 1 child from Durham. Car it is…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah it does depend on when you go but I regularly get trains for about £30/£40 return.

Don’t forget to look at two singles – it can (for some mad reason) often work out MUCH cheaper. And sometimes 1st class is cheaper than scum class. All very odd.

simon_g

Depends on whether you want to faff about parking outside and getting a tube to save a few quid.

http://www.park-up.com/ shows what meters/bays are in operation when, and the rates for other car parks in the area.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why not travel by TJ Utopia Rail instead?

🙂

stumpy01

If you are coming down the A1 or M1 you’d be quite close to Stanmore tube station, which has a decent size car park on the side of it.

You can then get the Jubilee line into London.

Not sure what the fees are for overnight parking are, but will be cheaper than parking in London.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Coming from the NE if that makes any difference.

Yes it does. No matter how much the parking costs you’ll piss and moan.

:mrgreen:

djglover
    Free Member

Those in the know regulary take up space outside my house to do this, zone 3, no parking control, near the tube about 10 mins from earls court.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

mk1fan – how very dare you, I’ll have you know we’re the salt of the earth up here. Although I don’t go to London regularly, I’m familier with the concept – dirty, more than £3.00 a pint for flat beer, no one says ‘hello’ etc, etc. Tend to suck it up and carry on. Particularly can’t moan this particular weekend as it will be my little boy’s first visit to London!

djglover – that sounds just the job!

mk1fan
    Free Member

I see you’re getting it out of your system early then.

😆

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I think you have to.

(Properly excited about going to the science museum again – don’t tell anyone)

aP
    Free Member

London triathlon on Sunday as well

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Parking in that London’ is closed to new replies.